Didn't like my make up trial

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gummiebear Posts: 2911
Hey girls I had a make up trial last night and although I loved the foundation and lipstick I really hated the eyes. She used blacks and grays and put on huge false eyelashes and black eyeliner above and below my eye. Now it was lovely if I was going clubbing but I asked for a natural look. Anyone got any recommendations for a good make up artist?
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Gummi Ive heard that happen to a few girls alright, I used a girl called Tara Eustace (few girls on here used her) she was really really good, but not cheap, I couldnt fault my make up at all, also my cousin used her a few months back and I did BM and again our make up was fab, i'll send you her number if you wish,
That would be great Mrs Summer. The girl I had a trial with wasn't cheap either so I thought she would be good. Ah well back to the drawing board :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
La Dolce Vita Posts: 522
I used Zoe Clark and she did an amazing job. She was about the 3rd trial i had, so stick with it, its worth finding the one you want.
Thanks La Dolce Vita but it's just that I don't really have a lot of time left. :eek :eek I will get there though :o0 :o0
katgirl Posts: 1258
hi, did you say anything to the girl at the time? im sure if you asked her to tone it down it would be no problem
Katgirl I am one of those eejits that just goes " Oh thats lovely" and leaves :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 I was kinda thinking there was no point saying anything coz I had asked at the start for a very natural look and if she can get it that wrong I just wouldn't be sure of her IYKWIM
CestMoi Posts: 2162
I used Pamela Matthews from a recommendation I got on here. She was the only one I went on trial to [url:3jczhhdc]http://www.pamelamatthewsmakeup.com/[/url:3jczhhdc] for her contact details. She was really great, and listened to what I wanted. Told her I didn't wear much make up and I wanted to keep it as natural as possible. I thought it was great, but she would have put on more if I had wanted.
La Dolce Vita Posts: 522
Just saw your ticker now. Where are you based??
katgirl Posts: 1258
ah that a pity im sure between you you could of come up with the right look for you thats what trials are for , one persons natual is another persons full on- is there any way you would ring up and say you are not entirely happy iwth the overall look of the make up and you want another trial, if you have paid for this already i dont see that she would have a problem doing it again if your not happy, and if you dont like it just say to her its to much can you tone it down and keep going untill its right im sure make up artists like to have imput from the brides as much as possible