Different dress colour

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Autumn Winter Posts: 140
Hi brides to be Im curious to know if anyones dress is not the traditional white/ivory/cream? My dress is a little different, bit champage, maybe darker. I absolutely love it when its on, but once I leave the shop I worry will people think its "too" different? Will i regret not wearing a traditional white dress? I picked this dress in this colour as white does nothing for my colour.
Bgerk Posts: 118
I wore a colour outside the white/ivory shades- was a greyish oyster colour. I did have some concerns like you but two years later people still comment on my dress! Lots of people commented it was so nice to see something different than than the usual strapless white a-line dress. I think picking a colour to suit your complexion is much better than just wearing white because it's traditional. Champagne is quite a common choice these days anyway so I don't think people will think it's too different. Best of luck and stick to your guns!
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
ive seen a few "blush" coloured dresses, (hint of pink) they are lovely & warm up the complexion. h2b sisters dress was also a butter colour & looked fab, she is v pale & a light colour would do nothing for her, her dress was fab!
BusyDee Posts: 8527
My SIL wore a black wedding dress (there was some white on it but mainly black) and H2b cousin had a red dress!!!! No one batted an eyelid. Dont like white myself - I'm thinking cream but I'm open to any color really!!!!
Kingston Design Posts: 895
I wore a blush coloured dress and I adored it :lvs I have very pale skin and dark red hair so a tan does nothing for me, but the blush coloured dress worked perfectly with my skin tone and I was able to go without a tan (I hate tan on me :-8 ) I think coloured dresses, gold, blush, champagne etc are becoming more and more popular-I've definitely been asked to design jewellery to match in with these coloured dresses quite a bit recently. So no, I don't think it will look 'too' different, plus it's so important to chose a colour that suits you and that you love! Wear it well!
aurelie Posts: 121
my dress (to be) is antique gold, and i love it. always thought i'd go for white or ivory at most but i love it sooooo much. Hope it suits me when i get to try it :o0 http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3225
Cabracastleb2b Posts: 36
hi aurelie, Love love LOVE that dress!! Can I ask you how much it cost and what was the sizing like?? I think you should choose the colour that suits your complexion best. I'm not too keen on the pinks since Jordan got married, I like the golds, pewters and even the hint of red for a winter wedding.
lcarrick Posts: 1639
i'm wearing oyster!! love my dress!! bms are wearing aubergine, they look great together!!
Elban26 Posts: 2458
If you like it, go for it! :o0
luisamac Posts: 36