Menu

Dilutable

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
Hi just wondering can you give norm dilutable to your los??? Or what age, I was thinking of putting a tiny tiny drop into ds cup at dinner time, its our one with no added sugar. But didn't cuz wasn't sure. What you think???
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
It probably wouldn't do any harm. I'd steer clear of anything except water and milk if ya can though. They'll discover juice and all that stuff soon enough I reckon. If I was giving it though I wouldn't give the no added sugar one coz that has sweeteners in it which are bad. I'd just go for the ordinary one hth
Daff Posts: 11644
how old is your LO? I'd never even think of giving it til after 2 and even then it's a very special treat. I wouldn't be giving it on a daily basis. While there's 'no added sugar' there's still plenty of sugar in it. Water is main drink here and milk at mealtimes. As mentioned, juice is given to ou 3 yr old as a treat. dd2 would neever be given juice. She picked up dd1's once and didnt' like it. There's plenty of time for all that in the future. I'd prefer to give actual fruit than a watered down fruit juice.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
[quote="MrsMtoB":3fsnouo0]I'd steer clear of anything except water and milk if ya can though.[/quote:3fsnouo0] +1, DD drinks water happily so that's what we try and stick to, she's used to it and doesn't really drink the dilute that they give the kids at mother&toddler group. If you really have to add something i'd be more inclined to put a splash of fresh juice into water rather than dilute.
Perci Posts: 3847
Water and milk is all mine get too. Or a smoothie as a treat. No added sugar usually means it has artificial sweeteners like Aspartame which, for me, is worse than sugar even.
Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
The first two years are like a very long Lent. Can we not factor in the odd St. Patrick's day?
John Walsh Guitar
Perci Posts: 3847
[quote="TisOnlyMeself":h2j3q1qw]The first two years are like a very long Lent. Can we not factor in the odd St. Patrick's day?[/quote:h2j3q1qw] I'm sure you can factor in the odd binge drink. Let me know how the hangover goes...
Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
I might go wild and let her have an extra half hour's tv that day, too. Although I'll probably have to draw at the cold chinese and the triple solpadeine.
doolittle Posts: 910
Water or milk is best...Of course DS was lactose intolerent and wouldnt take soya or goats etc and refused water full stop (used to get constipapated too, the joys) so he was getting the baby juice (re diluted)I think Heinz do them from 12 months. Regarding no addded sugar drinks vs 'normal'ones or real fruit juice diluted down according to DS pediatric dentist (we ve just been down a long road with baby teeth) I was told real fruit juice ,between meals,even watered down is a complete no no as the acids erode enamel teeth.The only thing to give is water or sugar free juice between meal apparently (milk contains naturally occuring sugars, fine at meal times when saliva is there to break it down)I queried the whole apspertene vs sugar argument and was told for teeth protection it was the no added sugar juice to give. Am not a medical proffessional just recounting our very costly trip to the dentist!
Silini2 Posts: 3834
I don't give it I just have a thing about artificial sweeteners. I usually just give milk or water and as a treat I would add some apple juice to the water. You could also use the baby juices added to water.