Dinner in Dublin??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

clairekil Posts: 16
Hi guys, I'm tryin to plan a romantic dinner with my h2b this weekend in town. Can anyone recommend a nice romantic restaurant? We both love live music so that would be a huge plus for us if you know of anywhere?? Thanks :) CK
choogal Posts: 252
Not sure of a romantic place with live music but I would go to Fallon and Byrnes for dinner-we went there on Valentines night and it was fab. The food is to die for and the service was great. Definitely a lovely romantic restaurant.
Miss Indecisive Posts: 996
would sceond fallon and byrne, great food, service and atmosphere. soooo many places to choose from, if you want to splash out would highly recommend [b:30gkrfq4]l'eccrivan,[/b:30gkrfq4] scrumptious food, piano music in bar.... also recommend [b:30gkrfq4]chapter one, le'guleton [/b:30gkrfq4](or however is spelt, wont take reservations though O:| , [b:30gkrfq4]the winding stair[/b:30gkrfq4] (mouth watering food), [b:30gkrfq4]pearl brasserie[/b:30gkrfq4], [b:30gkrfq4]town bar and grill, [/b:30gkrfq4] [b:30gkrfq4]peploes, [/b:30gkrfq4]... could go on and on!! we love eating out so have been to a good few places. oh, and [b:30gkrfq4]saba[/b:30gkrfq4] is a gorgeous thai restaraunt, ask for a booth. will give you all the phone numbers and recommendations you need. good luck! let us know where you end up...
rainyday Posts: 609
Was going to say that Cruzzo's in Malahide have lovely food and live music downstairs............but then saw that you wanted something in town! So that's no help! Fire is good. It's the kind of place you could stay all night and has a good atmospere :)
Deise Bride Posts: 352
Second Cruzzos though!!! O-O
meeeeeow Posts: 1349
La Floridita - Great Cuban food and live salsa band. Irish Life Mall, Dublin 1 Have a good look at menupages.ie great source of information! Enjoy :wv x
Angel! Posts: 1494
Ooh, I HIGHLY recommend the Sandbank restaurant in The Westbury. That's where we got engaged, and had our rehearsal dinner. Food is very reasonably priced, considering the location !!! And you can always have a nice cocktail upstairs beforehand...
clairekil Posts: 16
thanks girls!! now all i have to do is choose one.... aggghh!!! not enough bank holiday weekends in the year ;)
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Hi Claire, Not trying to be smart, but you'd want to make a decision and get booking sooner rather than later. Many of the restaurants listed in this thread won't be available at this late stage. That said, if you're stuck, you'll nearly always get a table in the Exchange restaurant in the Westin Hotel. Food is very good, service is top, and last time I was there on a Saturday night they had live music. Plus, the Atrium is perfect for pre- or post-dinner drinks.