Dinner tonight!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aston Posts: 4100
Ok have a problem....... Forgot to take any meat out of the freezer for dinner tonight and am lazy so any ideas what I could make really fast and tasty???
frillynickers Posts: 1765
if you have a microwave why not just defrost the meat in there thats what I ususally do.
oshkosh Posts: 130
Oh i'm in the same boat as you Aston, although my case is that there is nothing in the fridge....!! :o0 Mite just stop at the local shop and grab maybe mince at the meat counter and make a bolognaise!!!!!!!! Quick and handy and tasty...!!!!!
thats amore Posts: 714
frittata is fast, simple to make and good for you too. put a small amount of oil in a non stick pan. add onions and allow to soften. while this is doing you can be boiling a potato or microwaving it but this is optional. add in some peppers, mushroom, tomato, peas (all of these or some) and add potato if using. beat a few eggs with salt, pepper and herbs and pour over the mix on the pan. when set on the bottom, pop it under the grill with or without a sprinkling of cheese on top and cook until completely set, though do not overcook or the eggs will be rubbery. the whole thing takes just about half an hour, including prep time. lovely served with a salad or crusty bread or both. you could always add in some chopped bacon at the onion stage. the leftovers are lovely cold for lunch the next day. it actually tastes nicer cold or at room temp but is delish hot too.
aston Posts: 4100
oh my god thatsamore that sounds absolutely divine! Will have to try that... kinda like an omelete??? Im even too lazy frillyknickers to take meat outta the freezer and wait for it to be defrosted! Think itll be something very very easy and ingredients that I can get in local shop! Am havin cup of coffee now as am STARVED!! :o0 :o0
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
am making chicken and mushroom vol au vents with salad....
hula Posts: 384
Egg fried rice with seeds and nuts - and plenty of soy sauce and sesame oil! Yum and only takes 2 mins (well 10 to boil the rice)!
Linda H Posts: 1151
chilli con carne without the kidney beans
sarakg83 Posts: 347
pot noddle :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Bree Van De Kamp Posts: 1275
Spagetti Carbonara: Chop up and fry some rashers (or pancetta if you have it), also mushrooms (optional). Cook spagetti according to packet instructions. Whisk together some unwhipped cream, egg yolk and parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper. Drain pasta and return to very low heat. Stir in egg, cream and cheese mixture and stir until well combined (keep heat low or off as you don't want eggs to scramble), mix in rashers and mushrooms, toss and serve with salad and garlic bread, yum. Depending on how many people you are feeding you will have to reduce the amount of ingredients for the sauce. This is for 6 people (6 small people, I use about 1/4 of this for one person or half for 2 people) 6 Persons: 4 large egg yolks, 5 ounces parmesan, 1 cup of cream, add more if required.