Disagree with running of company

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
I am working for a private company at the moment, and I don't agree with how it is run. I know times are hard for everyone but they are making really tight cutbacks, so much so that I am calling into question the legality of it...I don't plan on being there in a months time really (hoping to get offered another position), so do I speak up? Or put up and shut up?
R2theB Posts: 1660
You might improve things for your colleagues in the future if you say something [i:2ob5fijv]once[/i:2ob5fijv] you've handed in your notice. Without know any other details that's about all I can say! Best of luck with the other position.
SaraD08 Posts: 1795
Op, As its a private company it's doesn't really matter if u agree with the running of it, ur an employee, not a shareholder / director etc. I don't mean that to come accross rude or anything it's just a fact. Unless the directors are defrauding the revenue ie not paying vat or paye/prsi Or refusing to pay employees for time worked etc, or taking money from employees pension etc, there isn't a whole lot you can do. Hopefully you will get ur new job and you can forget about the company etc :wv I know it's very annoying but unless it really is illegal there's nothing u can do.
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
[quote="SaraD08":rqrk24vw]I know it's very annoying but unless it really is illegal there's nothing u can do.[/quote:rqrk24vw] Sorry I know I didn't make that very clear, but yes some of the things they are doing are illegal.