Menu

Disappearing posts

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

neeov Posts: 4256
A few threads have people giving out about disappearing posts. I think this is whats happening. You write a long post and submit it, someone else has submitted a post in the meantime on the same thread, then the new software gives you a message saying something like "Another post has been entered since you read this, do you want to submit" and you have to submit it again!
red_rubies Posts: 2424
Soooo frustrating when you lose a long post! It normally goes to a 'this webpage has expired' page for me. I make a habit of copying my post before I submit so if it doesn't post, I go again & paste the message!
sunsparks Posts: 2196
[quote="red_rubies":17uo56bc]Soooo frustrating when you lose a long post! It normally goes to a 'this webpage has expired' page for me. I make a habit of copying my post before I submit so if it doesn't post, I go again & paste the message![/quote:17uo56bc] +1 Good idea neeov - I'd noticed that change, but that's not the problem I've been having. It's the webpage vanishing. It's better now than it was when the new look was first introduced, but it's flipping frustrating!
LittleButtons Posts: 945
i just noticed a post i reponsded to is gone. i replied and seen the reply on the post later that day and now its gone. stupid WOL. O:|
frangipani Posts: 1543
i find clicking "view active topics" doesn't work for me.
rosiemama Posts: 3363
has anyone else noticed when you click view my posts it marks posts you have already seen as being new. also if you go into a thread and click on first unread post it goes to the first post in the thread even if you have read it before. v annoying O:|
milis Posts: 7998
[quote="rosie_mama":25cnxp38]has anyone else noticed when you click view my posts it marks posts you have already seen as being new. also if you go into a thread and click on first unread post it goes to the first post in the thread even if you have read it before. v annoying O:|[/quote:25cnxp38] I've been getting this the past few days, and some threads always brings to to the first post when you go to view new posts. very frustrating. I copy long posts before submitting too, very annoying when they disappear. That feature you're talking about Neeov is actually really helpful when you get used to it, means you don't miss other people's posts while you're writing.