Disaster...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gill07 Posts: 9
Just phoned to see when my dress will be ready for first fitting and they told me that it came in yesterday but it's without the extra 6 inches in length that I ordered (I'm 5ft 10").... aagh. They have re-ordered it but not sure if it will be in on time..............
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
You must be up to ninety :eek :eek :eek Try not to worry though, surely they must have some sort of procedure in place to rush dresses through that go wrong in the ordering. Shops thrive on good reputation so they won't want to be letting you down. Deep breaths, deep breaths.
anonymousbridetobe Posts: 1563
Ah you poor thing, I'm sure your upset and annoyed. I've had problems all along with my dress and they are still not resolved, so I know how frustrating it is. I hope you get it sorted out soon pet big hugs :xox
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
You poor pet, try not to worry though as I am sure that the shops have to have back up plans for things like this happening. Hope it all works out for you. :wv
gill07 Posts: 9
Thanks - will keep you up to date. And I was just thinking how well everything was going....!
princess buttercup Posts: 1457
Noooooooooooo that's terrible ! Fingers crossed they'll have it sorted in time ! I have nightmares about something like that happening to me - my dress is due in less than 4 weeks before I get married - so I'll have very little time to get it fixed if there's something wrong....
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
Ah you poor thing, will keep my fingers crossed that it all gets sorted for you.. O:| O:|
Jet Posts: 49
Surely it is their responsibility to sort it. Keep me posted because I had to order extra length on my dress and know full well how hard it is to find clothes long enough
big day \\\'08! Posts: 482
hope it all works out!
Lucy2007 Posts: 427
The very same thing happened to my friend last year - the dress came in and it was too short It was about the same time before the wedding and they dress was reordered and it was in over a week before the wedding *) *) *) *)