Discharge- sorry TMI

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

significantother Posts: 123
Hi girls, Really really sorry for the yucky gross nature of this post- mortified :-8 Am 9+3 weeks pregnant and I have been having a yellow/pale brown discharge on and off for the last 2 weeks. Almost sure its discharge as opposed to blood but theres a lot of it when its there and its worrying me. Twice I have passed a glob of luminous yellow discharge. Could this be an infection? Really slow about going to my (male) doctor unless I have to :-8
Dee78 Posts: 263
hey there Don't be silly, it's not gross, we're all the same and I've definitely noticed a huge increase in discharge the last couple of weeks! To be honest, I haven't experienced anything continuous if you know what I mean, it's more on and off and has been most white-ish. In the first few weeks I had 2 incidences of brownish discharge (like the end of a period) but these were after sex :-8 and doc said that was ok.. If it seems like an infection and if there's any smell from it or if you've any pain or itching I'd definitely go to the doc if I was you.. Also, if you're not totally comfortable with your current GP you should really think about changing and going to a female doc you're comfortable with (from your post you seem a bt uncomfortable with the fact your doc is male..) My doc is in Dublin (near Grafton St) and I can send you a PM with her contact details if that's any help to you and you're around Dublin. I find her great and so easy to talk to plus she has a few kids so she's been there and done that which also helps. You need a doctor you're totally comfortable with and you can mention anything too without feeling embarrassed. All the best :wv
Jacqueline Hyde Posts: 1145
Was going to post about this! There's been quite an increase in the discharge department. I'm one of the 'lucky' ones who'd have discharge all cycle long. I'm thinking it's normal but that could be me making myself feel better about the gunk. :-8 Advice - stock up on panty-liners :)
Thanks for advise girls-still have it (alot) and it is worrying me so think I might go to doctor next week Dee78- not in dublin unfortunately. Have been thinking about changing docs. Its hard having male doc- in pregnancy. And yet he's excellent, and so handy for me. Decisions decisions!
amberjack Posts: 1273
The discharge is fairly normal as long as its not smelly and your not itchy down below. As far as I am aware, it's the start of your mucus plug building up. So just wear a pad to feel a bit fresher.
theoracle Posts: 7664
Colour-wise and quanityt wise my pregnancies would all have been like that. It is not a sign of anything sinister as said by amberjack unless you have other symptoms like itching, foul odour or redness/soreness.
Sodapop Posts: 3220
SO this is normal for 9 weeks - I was reading on some website today to expect more discharge (whitish/yellowish) - it's perfectly normal.
Ah girls, thanks a million. Always something to worry about! My mind is at ease now. Cheers! O-O