disposable breast pads

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
Hi girls, I was just wondering if any of you could tell me from which week onwards I will need to use the disposable breast pads? I saw them in mothercare during the week but I didn't bought them cause I wasn't too sure at what time the breast can start to leak. :-8 Thanks
jarashow Posts: 3083
Well mine have started now, although not very much. Only a dot or two, still haven't bought any, but think I will this weekend.
theoracle Posts: 7664
My brests never leaked during pregnancy. It varies a lot. I guess no harm buying them, at least you'll have some if needed.
whackywoman Posts: 1496
same with me they only leaked when I had our daughter
thanks girls, guess there's no harm in buying them now - and have them on the side for emergencies.. :o0
Baby on board Posts: 136
Ok I dont know if this forum is a good or a bad thing....your breast can leak before you have the baby??? I really am clueless!
[quote="Baby on board":vgmmxahn]Ok I dont know if this forum is a good or a bad thing....your breast can leak before you have the baby??? I really am clueless![/quote:vgmmxahn] yes it can. I read it somewhere but can't remember where I read it and from which week onwards. I thought it would start later in pregnancy (a couple of weeks before the due date or so) but wasn't too sure. :o0
poppy1 Posts: 596
DONT BUY MOTHERCARE BRAND tis just like buying st's you have good absorbency ones and bad ones i found johnsons good for the early days (i breastfed so always leaking) then thermababy for when out and about as they were thinner and as its summer you could see the other ones through my tops!!! tommee tippee do good ones and you get them in tescos i never leaked while preganant but some people i spoke to did....
thanks poppy1. I actually bought a pack from Johnson&Johnson yesterday in Boots. I didn't wanted to buy the boots own brand and thought that Johnson&Johnson always has a good reputation for baby products anyway. So thought I rather buy them.. :o0
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I never leaked during pregnancy. I only needed the pads for afterwards