Disposable Cameras

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Babyvills Posts: 306
Hey Ladies, Was just wondering if any of you have gotten disposable cameras. We are looking to get 30 (approx 2 each table). I found this supplier below but just wondering if there is anywhere else around this price (€2.80 each) or if you have used them before? Thanks a mil http://shop.confetti.co.uk/product/whit ... ck/104553/
frankenbride Posts: 419
I was going to get them off ebay but then found out developing is between 7-11 a camera. Check out ebay they have nice coloured ones to match your scheme
LastRolo Posts: 6892
The last wedding I was at with Disposable Cameras - they had two on the table and NEITHER was used. Guests all used their digital cameras and I seen other people putting them into their bags, so I would class them as a waste of money..
nelswife Posts: 3869
Bit of advise before you get them, i wouldnt, they are an awful waste of money..they are expensive to get developed and more ofter then not they are normally blurred, drunken, finger over the lens photos...either that or you wont get half them back or they will be brought home by one of the guest...save yourself some money! Thats just my advise!!..I have been to friends weddings that have had them and some of the shots are shocking (lads when drunk) shots, or blurred and you cant make them out becaus flash wasnt put on, or they were left on the table with only few photos taken or only got handful of them back!
lux Posts: 6270
My SIL said this was a giant waste of money-they got about two usable pictures and the rest were awful. Everyone has digital cameras so set up a side they can upload them too, at least you won't have the expense of buying and developing cameras only to find none of the shots are any good.
Thanks Ladies you have opened my eyes. When you say its a waste and people dont use them as you want them to then whats the point. I suppose because we cant afford a photobooth and we are not having a videographer I thought it might be a good idea. Thanks for all of your advice.
nelswife Posts: 3869
Lux's idea is good...maybe ask your guests to upload their photos or email you there, or ask your guests to put there photos on a cd for you
Bride2be040812 Posts: 1182
Hi There, A couple of suggestions for ya... why dont you buy a polaroid camera? You can get them for the same price as the disposible cameras and have a board where people can post them to on the night for you? Also I wanted a video booth, even though we are having a videographer.. but my friend suggested that she used her digital camera and that she would go around and ask the guests if they wanted to film a message for us. She is going to put it on a disk for us then. I love this idea as its much less formal than the videographer and she is really outgoing and much more likely to encourage people to leave messages than leaving it up to themselves with a booth... Do you have a friend/family member/bridesmaid that would spend half an hour doing the same for you?
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="11Bride":2adb3cwe]Thanks Ladies you have opened my eyes. When you say its a waste and people dont use them as you want them to then whats the point. I suppose because we cant afford a photobooth and we are not having a videographer I thought it might be a good idea. Thanks for all of your advice.[/quote:2adb3cwe] Get a few flyers or business card style cards printed up (very cheap or even FREE on Vistaprint!) with the site that the guests can upload their digital photos to! That way you can get lots of different guests photos and they are all for free - you don't have to develop them to see what sort of photos were took like the disposables!!
Hey Ladies Thanks a mill for all of the advice. Not going with the cameras now - thanks for all of your alternatives will think about doing those instead. Happy planning :o)ll :o)ll