Distracted

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

workingmom Posts: 3429
Girls, are you all feeling distracted at work? I have always been a very hard working and focused worker, productivity and quality driven, but since being pregnant, I find that my mind wonders, I'm not so focused on work, and I feel guilty that I am not doing the best job I can do, but I cant help it. I'd have to have my head hanging off before I take a sick day, as I am very dedicated to work, but with the baby, I feel so guilty going to work when I am sick... maybe it's just me.....
rushinbride Posts: 1097
distracted - I have to say mrsgk thats the most polite way I've ever heard it put!! I have this a LOT...I could be on the phone and my entire brain just stops working...mid sentence I'm thinking 'what the f**k was the question' even tho I was mid answer anyway... I'm always at it...i keep forgetting important words as well...so I could be in the middle of a conversation about lets say a car...but i forget the word for car...so i have to describe what the car does, and how it operates so they can give me the word car...so that i can finish what i was talking about...but by then the conversation isnt' really important anymore... If i told you where i worked or the people i deal with you'd really see the funny side of it... your mind is on total overdrive...it will be til babs is about 6mths old!! in fact some say it never goes away - altho for me it did when ds was about 1....
Hot Mama Posts: 206
I sometimes go off into day dream land making up lists but the worst is when i forget to do things i have been doing for years !!! It so embarrasing !
redwifey Posts: 2932
Somebody actually said to me recently that I had become very distracted since I found out I was pregnant - I didn't actually realise it myself.
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
I am so distracted both in work and at home its unreal. Its like pregnancy brain takes over your whole body and won't let you even think about anything else. Roll on maternity leave..............
Tess72 Posts: 1173
Yes I'm very distracted both in work and out. I feel like I can't get it together at all at the moment. Thankfully I have most things done and bought for the baby now but the few little things left on my list are just not getting done. I'm finding the array of choice overwhelming and can't make decisions on anything. Thankfully I've got just 4 weeks left in work. All I want to do now is lose myself in a novel, I'm so sick of thinking about baby stuff. Oh and feeling like a beached whale isn't helping things. It's crazy how being pregnant just takes over your brain.
madhatter01 Posts: 495
Absolutely! I feel like this ever since I found out I was pg! Cannot concentrate in work, keep surfing website on pregnancy and babies esp this forum! Always checking to see if there are any new interesting topics! I forget even the most sillyest things I do everyday. Nearly put the shampoo in the fridge other day!! Its mental but funny tho!! :o0 :o0
Amberangel Posts: 488
I thought I was the only one. had a pretty stress ful week gone by , and my work definitely suffered....and I think this is how it will continue, because being pregnant is totally new to me, and so I worry about every little things, and look up forums to answer my questions!!!
arib Posts: 499
Be prepared for some pregnancy amnesia! I got this a couple of weeks ago and it frightened the wits out of me. I managed to totally forget a whole conversation I had with someone the week before, and texts which I had sent making plans for a party. . .. which I know I did because there's no way my friend could have known unless I told her . . . .even after she reminded me we'd been texting I had absolutely no recollection of it and had completely forgotten our plans. still don't remember it.
workingmom Posts: 3429
Good to know that I am not alone then.. I still have the guilties over it though! I am a mind of useless info on babies at the moment, and not much else... but I am half way there now, so roll on December