DIY gel nails

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mistified Posts: 2680
How the feck do I take them off?? O:|
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
Right you need to get nail polish remover with "acetone" in it and soak them for a while and hopefully they should come off :wv :wv
Thanks Mrs. They will sort of just dissolve then, will they?
bride. Posts: 3014
I'm in the same position, thought I was great getting them for my wedding and now they look pretty poor. I have been told to cut the tops off them as far as possible and then get to work on the acetone nail polish remover. After that in order to restore any semblance to your previous nails you need to get going on the nail strengthener polish with gusto.
[quote="Bride.":3kaibv8f]I'm in the same position, thought I was great getting them for my wedding and now they look pretty poor. I have been told to cut the tops off them as far as possible and then get to work on the acetone nail polish remover. After that in order to restore any semblance to your previous nails you need to get going on the nail strengthener polish with gusto.[/quote:3kaibv8f] My nails grow quite quickly, and last time I had them I noticed that within 4 weeks my nails were back to normal as they had completely regrown. I used the nail polish remover then too to get rid of them but it was quite tedious. I hoped there was a better way.
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
Sorry as far as I know this is the only way to get rid of them even when I had them removed professional this is what they did :o(
[quote="Mrs OBrien":10n3xcio]Sorry as far as I know this is the only way to get rid of them even when I had them removed professional this is what they did :o([/quote:10n3xcio] Ah well, I'll sit myself down in front of the Utd. game tonight with my two hands in soaking in bowls of the stuff, and I should be ok by full time!