DIY wedding stationery workshop

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sallyjay Posts: 13
Hi, I've been talking to a local craft shop about holding a wedding stationery workshop for brides wanting to make their own stationery - details are as follows - Location - Ennis, Co Clare Date - Sat Oct 17th 2009 Duration - 10am-4pm with lunch break. Details - Morning Schedule - using the colour wheel, choosing a scheme and basic designs. How to rubber stamp successfully and how to emboss. Create 2 stamped cards and one petal fold invitation. Lunch - bring your own and eat at the shop or there are many cafes and restaraunts locally or you can grab a sandwich at a store deli. Afternoon Schedule - Make 2 pocket and wallet card - one with embossed detail. 2 traditional style invitations. We'll end the day with you experimenting with the various card elements to create your own wedding invitation. Learn what you need to create a professional finish and avoid expensive mistakes. Extra benefits - special offer deals on cards featured in the workshop - order within 2 weeks of the workshop and get FREE insert printing service. Save upto 20% on regular store prices. Custom rubber stamp design - 20% off usual prices - we can design any stamp, including names, crests, dates etc . Suitable for both stamping and adding wax seals. Commission art available - want a photo made into a punk/goth style pic or do fancy featuring as cowboy and showgirl? We have talented artists willing to create the perfect picture for your invitations plus you get a framed A4 copy with your wedding details. Totally unique or makes a great gift. Prices vary. Craft tool rental - need a heat gun, embossing board or guillotine - we'll hire them for a weekly period at minimal cost. Cost for the day including tea/coffee and cake - €25 per person. You'll go home with 8 unique and individual invitations and a hundred more ideas. Places are limited to 9 maximum - so booking is essential, we will repeat the class in November if necessary. Send me a PM if interested. thanks Sally
trixie2009 Posts: 146
Is there anything like this in Leinster?
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
this has to be the best idea that i've come across in a long time.. its too far for me though, i would be interested if anyone was running this in waterford, wexford, kk area!