Dizzy Spells

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Elvis has left the building Posts: 36
Hi Girls, The last few days I have been suffering from dizzy spells, maybe 2 or 3 times a day. This even happens when I’m lying down, the room starts to spin. :o( My hands and feet are slightly swollen as well. I was at my GP on Friday and my bp and urine samples were prefect. I didn’t mention the dizzy spell to my GP as everything else was ok I know that was stupid. O:| Is this just another wonderful symptom of pregnancy? :hic I’m going to see my consultant next Thursday 18th and I will mention it then. Has anybody else got dizzy spells? Do you think I should see a doctor before Thursday? I don’t want to be one of those people who run to the doctor with ever little ache and pain but than again I don’t want to put my baby at risk either. You can probably tell I’m a first timer. Any advice appreciated.
grumpy Posts: 1280
Its usually low bp, but you say yours is fine. To be honest, I would go back to the GP. A friend of mine was put on sick leave at about 33 weeks (same as you are now) as it was a danger to her, as in, if she fell or if she got dizzy while driving, but not to the baby or for any other reason. Make sure and drink plenty of fluids, and lie down as often as you need to. Don't get up too quickly, and wiggle your fingers and toes before getting out of bed. Don't worry though, I'm sure there's nothing seriously wrong!