DJ in the Dublin area????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cupcake666 Posts: 135
Hi everyone, i am starting to worry about booking a DJ! my hotel provides a resident DJ (at a cost obviously) but i dont have a clue what his music is like, what his reputation is like, or even what his name is so i can look him up. we wont get to meet with him before the wedding either to go through a song list... starting to think going with the resident DJ is not such a good idea!? ;o( could anyone reccomend a good DJ? my worst nightmare is everyone sitting down all night because the music is rubbish! :o( :o(
Angel85 Posts: 69
Hi Cupcake666 I know a very good DJ if you want his details? I had him at a 40th there last year & he had the whole floor up dancing! He had a fantastic range of music.. like there were people there from the age of 17 to 60 and each and every one of them was dancing, it was great! Let me know if you want his details, i'll have to route out his number :o0
Hi Angel85, Yes please, that would be great! do you know how much he is charging? the thoughts of everyone sitting around is killing me! i was at a wedding recently and the music was terrible, everyone had gone home by 9pm including the bride and groom!! :ooh :zzzz:
Angel85 Posts: 69
lol no way! aw i promise he had everyone up dancing at the party, nobody left early :o)ll i'll pm you the details now!
moobear Posts: 1126
Digital DJs are an excellent company. They have a huge database of songs on their website. Their website is www.digitaldjs.ie. Give them a shout they are excellent and are guaranteed to have the floor full for the night. They are lovely to deal with also Best of luck with the search
Thank you moobear! i will take a look at that website now! :thnk
Mrs Spud Posts: 418
Check out RuairĂ­ from Irish Wedding DJ - We had him at our wedding and he was brilliant. Everyone young and old was bopping for the night!!! :o)ll
Irish Wedding DJ Posts: 1436
Hi Cupcake, Can I comment on a few of the below.. I work with a few hotels on their all inclusive packages and speak to my clients all the time, at fairs, at their homes and at the venue when they are paying a visit so I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity. Some hotels may use an agency to supply the service so your dj may not be assigned, but a quick call will progress this and you will know and be able to discuss your entertainment and can then get feedback or maybe an opportunity to see them in action before the day. Im sure a quick call to your wedding co-ordinator will eleviate some of your concerns above. All djs have full access to playlists, online or in email form so you can have the full flexibility and its a must that you have to have the option to meet your dj, this is vital as you have to know your level of expectation before the night starts so it is met on the night. I hope this helps, if you have any questions I will happy to help, but the most important thing is not to panic - if you company employ a resident dj, he must have a good reputation with the hotel as they are putting their confidence on their recommendation. Ruairi - Irish Wedding DJ [quote="Cupcake666":1hya8gt5]Hi everyone, i am starting to worry about booking a DJ! my hotel provides a resident DJ (at a cost obviously) but i dont have a clue what his music is like, what his reputation is like, or even what his name is so i can look him up. we wont get to meet with him before the wedding either to go through a song list... starting to think going with the resident DJ is not such a good idea!? ;o( could anyone reccomend a good DJ? my worst nightmare is everyone sitting down all night because the music is rubbish! :o( :o([/quote:1hya8gt5]