Do any of you have disc / sciatic pain?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
Basically what I want to know is have you had this pain before you got pregnant and how it affected you during your pregnancy?
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Hi I suffered with pelvis problems which gives similar pains as sciatica as result of car accident 3years ago. Thank god its only started to become a problem now. I think the reason it didn't bother me until this stage was that I still walked a lot and took up pregnancy yoga. When I say it didn't bother me I don't mean I wasn't pain free but it was a walk in the park compared to what it is now. I'm walking like John Wayne :o0 :o0 I'm back with physio who has given me excerises to do which have improved the pain a lot. Do you suffer yourself?
Yes I have 2 prolapsed discs and sciatic pain from a car accident 3 years ago too. I have a 7 yr old girl and at the time we were thinking about trying for another baby. my doctor advised me against trying until I got this pain sorted out. Now I am no nearer the outcome and was told recently that I might have to wait up to 2 yrs for facet joint injections. Its starting to keep me awake at night worrying if I am wasting the "best" years of my life waiting around, and when I am well it may not happen for me. :o( Im on medication every day and am off work sick so its affecting every area of my life. So I was just wondering if anyone was in a similar situation and had any advice/ reassurance :-8 :wv
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Jesus thats terrible god love yah :xox Was it your gp or a consultants that advised you not to start ttc? 2 years is a long time to wait for injections. Hopefully someone on here can come up with some advice for yah. Did you try posting on MM I think there is any ongoing tread on that for sciatica suffers. Take care
I know I couldnt believe that it would take that long. They told me there are people on the list since '05. :eek I suppose Im just panicking. Everything they have tried so far has been a failure, physio,accupuncture,epidural injections and even these drugs im on now only work if the pain isnt too bad O:| AAAAARRRRRGGGHHH. Thats better :o0