Do i need a wedding planner for small wedding in Rome

Go to Weddings Abroad

flowers80
New Wolly

Do i need a wedding planner for small wedding in Rome

Postby flowers80 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:22 am

We're planning to get married in Rome next summer 2017. It will be a very small wedding approx 20 people we want to get married in the San Silvestro church in Rome. Do I need a wedding planner ?? Any advice ??

Lakegardabride2015
New Wolly

Re: Do i need a wedding planner for small wedding in Rome

Postby Lakegardabride2015 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:16 pm

I would say no, as long as you pick a restaurant/hotel that's helpful in their communication you'll be fine!

We had a civil ceremony and you need to have a translator there, I'm sure a church is the same. So you can do a lot through them!

PM me if you need any other advice :)

suzyr5
New Wolly

Postby suzyr5 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:53 pm

I would also say no. I am getting married in St. Patricks Church in Rome in September and I am planning the wedding myself from here. We will be having approx 30 guests and will be going for a meal after the ceremony. I have the church, restaurant and photographer booked - still have to find a dress!!

Noisin
Mini Wolly

Postby Noisin » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:44 pm

I would say No also. Save your money and put towards lunch next day or something for all to enjoy, they cost 3k minimum not essential if only having small number. We got married in San Silvestro. We used Debra for flowers, Rossini Photography for photos, no video but if we did would have used videographer they recommend. Janita's Helova for hair and make up. Music from the San Silvestro. Car with tony driver via the church. We had meal in Babette. Google all of theses, other recommended photographer would be Rochelle Cheevers but pricier than Rossini, siobhan hegarty is you have a lesser budget but I wasn't a fan of their work. We booked accomodation on friendly rentals, lots of nice apartments on that website. Had to get my tan done over there too in a salon. Flew over with aerlingus. Rolled dress up and popped in my case that was my hand luggage, lace dress travel the best didn't crease at all. Could have hung in didn't bother, mine was very light.
Top tip for dress is get dress with shoulders covered and maybe the back and not too much on show on the front, save you covering your gorgeous dress with a shrug. Try get a light in weight dress. Buy comfortable shoes as loads of walking. Enjoy ye lucky ducks!

flowers80
New Wolly

Postby flowers80 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:31 pm

Thank you so much for your advice. I'll google everyone you recommend and have a look. Just one other question did you do anything after your meal? i'm looking for ideas I don't want it to be over staight after the meal?

Noisin
Mini Wolly

Postby Noisin » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:18 am

The other popular make up person is Louise FAulkner. We had wedding mass at 4pm over say 5.30pm between getting in and the singing and getting out it was almost that time. Went around taking photos in different locations until almost 9.00pm. We had arranged until 8pm but between traffic and photographer really wanting to get certain shots it ran until that. I went back to apartment got changed. Then dinner closer to 10 nearly, by time all that over was wrecked we just went walking around Rome, very long day but we didn't bring people. So for you wrap up the photos faster have dinner earlier and then there are a lot of irish pubs. Depending on venue you could have a band but for 20 that's expensive. The day flies, people will be some tired due to the heat, it was39 degrees day we got married, I found it very hot. The recommended 4pm for wedding mass as it gets cooler and it's not as hot and better for photos, our other option offered was 10 am. The couple who got married before us did at 1pm but they told me they knew the priest. I think for bigger wedding in Rome option of 1/2pm would be better, for us the 4pm was better as we were busy until the day was over. Have an absolute brilliant time. If your worried about paying people. I brought priest bank draft over. Paid Debra deposit via transfer and remainder in cash. Paid driver in cash and organ player in cash. Paid everyone else photographer, hair and make up, apartment in full via bank transfer before we went over. I didn't want to be carrying cash.

Classic Resorts - Worldwide Luxury Honeymoons
GreenGlass
New Wolly

Postby GreenGlass » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Noisin wrote:I would say No also. Save your money and put towards lunch next day or something for all to enjoy, they cost 3k minimum not essential if only having small number. We got married in San Silvestro. We used Debra for flowers, Rossini Photography for photos, no video but if we did would have used videographer they recommend. Janita's Helova for hair and make up. Music from the San Silvestro. Car with tony driver via the church. We had meal in Babette. Google all of theses, other recommended photographer would be Rochelle Cheevers but pricier than Rossini, siobhan hegarty is you have a lesser budget but I wasn't a fan of their work. We booked accomodation on friendly rentals, lots of nice apartments on that website. Had to get my tan done over there too in a salon. Flew over with aerlingus. Rolled dress up and popped in my case that was my hand luggage, lace dress travel the best didn't crease at all. Could have hung in didn't bother, mine was very light.
Top tip for dress is get dress with shoulders covered and maybe the back and not too much on show on the front, save you covering your gorgeous dress with a shrug. Try get a light in weight dress. Buy comfortable shoes as loads of walking. Enjoy ye lucky ducks!

Hi Noisin, did you need a translator to get married in San Silvestro? Also is there any paperwork to complete after the wedding?

Noisin
Mini Wolly

Postby Noisin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:57 pm

The paperwork is done before you get to Rome. Make sure you just do that correctly but its fine just like most things in life need to be organised and do it in time. No we didn't need a translator as a Fr. Hanly from Tipperary married us, there all Irish priest in the San Silvestro so marriage is in English.

NeonDub
New Wolly

Postby NeonDub » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:50 pm

You can definitely do it without a planner. I'm getting married in SS in April and having about 70 guests, it'll be even easier with a smaller number. PM if you have any questions, happy to help! :)

Go to Weddings Abroad

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T