Do I need to see doc before ringing hospital?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
Hi Guys, Do I need to see the doctor before I ring the hospital? Want to go semi private in rothunda.
Bear Posts: 671
Hey Dora, You didn't say what its in relation to. If its to confirm pregnancy, My doc confirmed the pregnancy and gave me a cert for the hospital. Which I don't really think is necessary. Then I contacted the hospital. HTH
sinion Posts: 6050
I'm assuming you've had pregnancy confirmed and just want to book your first appointment with the hospital? If you haven't been to your docs to confirm yet then you should as they'll need to know and will be able to talk through any questions you have. As for making your appointments with the hospital no you don't need a thing from your doctor, just ring the main number and ask for semi-private, they'll take a load of details off you including your due date and date of last period then they'll give you your first booking appointment date. Just to note this could be anywhere from 12 or 13 weeks right up to 20 weeks, depending on how busy they are already for that time
jellybaby Posts: 2316
I didn't. Rang the hospital as soon as I found out and booked myself in - sooner you do it, the better! I saw the GP a couple of weeks later, just for a BP and urine check, etc. You don't [i:g4opp15t]need[/i:g4opp15t] to see your GP in the very early stages - unless you have questions, etc. If your first hospital appt is not til 15/16 weeks, then I'd see your GP at 10-12 weeks. And unless the hospital you want to go to specifically needs to have confirmation of the pregnancy from your GP, then you don't need a GP to confirm that you are pregnant - I think we can tell that ourselves from the tests :o0 Best of luck *)
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
Thanks exactly what I thought rang up got my appointmetn there for my scan and for bookign in will be about 12-13 weeks then.