Do men get broody as such?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sheep Posts: 626
Just something I was wondering about. I almost can't wait till I'm married to have a baby. This is after saying my whole life how much I hate kids!!! :o0 I'm just wondering if men get these feelings that suddenly kick in at a certain stage in life.
aston Posts: 4100
I definitely think guys start getting broody too! Married a year and I know by DH that he cant wait to have a baby! We are ttc at the moment and he definitely is so excited at the idea of having a baby! MY DH definitely got very settled etc when we got married and I suppose we are both ready now! Its so exciting!!!
frecklz Posts: 1839
My DH has wanted kids from the moment I met him! He was always talking about "My kids this" and "My kids that". We'll probably start trying in a year or so. :xox I used to think sometimes that he wanted them more than I did.
happywife Posts: 1575
definitely DH wanted kids after our first year dating I was still very young and we are now married a couple of years so hope to ttc soon - both of us are really looking forward to it and just hope its happens quickly for us as we'd love 3/4 he wants 7 but he can dream on :o0
aston Posts: 4100
7 :eek :eek :eek Good luck with that!!! :o0 :o0 I keep saying I want two! But as you said I hope it'll happen as easy as I think it will! Looking at some of the posts on the ttc section and it takes ages for some people. So fingers crossed I guess!!
Sheep Posts: 626
Yeah I worry about ttc too and nothing happening. I don't want to take it for granted that it will happen. I think if we couldn't have our own I would like to adopt though. We would have our own little tribe somehow! :lvs
happywife Posts: 1575
dont worry he aint getting 7 unless they come up witha way for men to carry the baby for 9mths and go through labour - would love to have 3/4 as i said but right now 1 would be a blessing as I am so worried about us having problems I'm trying not to think about it but its always at the back of my mind and I am getting in good shape too so as is DH so fingers crossed
AnthonyHutton Posts: 2235
no
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
My h2b has always wanted kids. He's great with them. He's all his nieces and nephews "favourite uncle"(He's a big child himself) He comes from a family of 6 boys so he wants 6 but he can dream on. :o0 I'd like two. I get scared too that we might have probs but hopefully there wont be any. All his brothers were over the 9lb mark aswell which scares the hell out of me! :eek My SIL had her first baby two months ago and he weighed in at 10lb 11oz. Even the midwives were gobsmacked! :ooh
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
yes they do, or at least they get to a time in their lives where they want children anyway