Menu

Do siblings get invites?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
Just getting quotes for my invitations. My SIL said to me that her or my brother weren't expecting an invite, as you don't do them for siblings. That's okay on my side, no complications. My brother who is single gets to bring a +1. H2B's nieces and nephews are all grown up. Those who are married or in established relationships obviously bring their partners. Here's where it gets complicated, his nieces have kids, and some of them have assumed they are invited. And one of his nieces who is single, has been talking about looking for a date for the wedding. I've a tight wedding list, and I won't be letting people invite random strangers, when they will be there with family. Especially when she has a history of finding her men on icky online websites :innocent: So I'm thinking, because their family is so complicated, maybe I need to send them invites, so it can clearly state on it who is and who isn't invited. For instance, niece who wants to scour smooch.com and the likes for an invite, can go on the same invite as her mother who is also single. And another invite can be sent to "Mr. Jawl's Sister, BIL & Nephew" and another seperate invite to their other son who has a long term girlfriend who is invited.
chrystal Posts: 863
I would sent invites to everyone you both wish to invite to your wedding so that there is no issues like you mention. It would be worth the extra few euro's on stationary to avoid a lot of hassle.
FinallyMrsH Posts: 358
[quote="chrystal":27k5n0vh]I would sent invites to everyone you both wish to invite to your wedding so that there is no issues like you mention. It would be worth the extra few euro's on stationary to avoid a lot of hassle.[/quote:27k5n0vh] I'm sending them to all, including my parents, just so they can keep one and a momento
LastRolo Posts: 6892
+1 I would send an invite to everyone - even to your SIL who isnt expecting one as it will clearly state who is invited and who is not. Saying that people can still assume that they are allowed to bring a guest or their kids so I would get the word out that it is who is named on the invite only.
Jawl Posts: 8881
Yeah, for the sake of 10 or 20 euros I'm going to send them to all!
streaks Posts: 3592
I didn't they all have parts to play in the wedding so they know they are invited! Didnt see the point in it to be honest!
DipDab Posts: 1172
I sent invites to everyone including parents. I made my own invites and used theirs as the test run :) They were really happy to get one!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Yes, all guests at our wedding, adults, children, siblings, parents, whatever will be getting an invite. Why would you NOT give them one? Bit confused there! If nothing else it saves on endless phonecalls from siblings in the run up to the wedding saying 'what time is it again?' and 'what's the address of the church'? Give one to everyone invited I say.
MrsEL10 Posts: 910
I plan on giving one to everyone invited - family will keep them as a momento i think
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Yeah i think everyone should get one so it's very clear who's been invited and they make a nice momento for your family to have