Do Single People get a +1 invitation

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mooky Posts: 1501
Hi I'm not sure of the etiquette here. I'm trying to keep the numbers down. Do guests who are single get a +1 invitation? Thanks
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
All our single guests got this but if some of your single friends knew the other guests well, then I think it would be ok for just single invitations IYKWIM
MrsDecemberBride07 Posts: 594
we had a mixture, some friends and family will know loads of people we didnt give them a +1 but the ones that dont know many people we gave them +1.
ducky13 Posts: 23
We went with the theory that if they don't know anyone else going, they can bring a friend, but most people were happy to go solo and mingle!
mooky Posts: 1501
Thanks girls. My single friends will know other people there so I'll just invite them without the +1.
Spudnik2b Posts: 1804
I'll be doing the same, if they don't know anyone, they will get a +1 I was at a friend's wedding a couple of years ago and she actually had a "singles" table both male & female of course but they all knew each other, kept calling themselves "the rejects" :o0
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
we are going with that theory as well if we know that they know poeple at the wedding invite them alone but if they don't alow for a plus 1