Do wedding invitation colours have to match bridesmaid dress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kellycar Posts: 20
Hi all, Was hoping for peoples opinion on this... Up until now I have been very stuck on having the colour green all the way through the theme of the wedding. My plan was to use green and ivory for the wedding invitations and green for the bridesmaid dresses. This weekend I went shopping for bridesmaid dresses with my two bridesmaids. We are all really mad about this particular dress style and while you can get it in green, you can only get it in a paler green than I was originally thinking of. The dress that they tried on was a deep purple - a very nice colour that suited them both. Now I'm wondering if I should go with the purple but I still want to stick with green on the invitations. Is that ok? Will it look okay? Please help as I need to order the dresses soon! Thanks Kellycar.
Gingham Posts: 3014
I wouldnt even notice if someone had different colour bridesmaid dresses to invites. My bridesmaid dresses are deep purple and my invites are pearl with a pink ribbon... I wouldnt worry about it and go with the bridesmaid dresses you like!
emlo Posts: 1506
I agree with smileyb2b. It really wouldn't matter if they aren't the same colour. If you start stressing out about things matching you'll drive yourself crazy.
chatter2cat Posts: 996
Seriously? You're worried about invitations matching dresses?! I must be missing a bridal girly gene or something... *) No-one will notice. Or you could have dresses made up in that style in the colour you want if its going to bother you?
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
While it is nice to have every thing matching, its not really that important. I doubt very many people notice any ways. I say go with what ever suits you your self! Its your day after all :wv
ohholymoley Posts: 2150
It doesnt matter at all if they dont match, most people forget what the invitation looks like by the time the wedding day comes around!! I am a matching person , and I have co-ordinated everything but each one to their own, so I really wouldnt worry in the slightest....its your special day and its your decision!! Enjoy xxx
kellycar Posts: 20
Hi girls, Thank you all so much for your quick responses. Delighted with the feedback. I think I'll go now and talk to my bridesmaids and see what they think of the idea of going with the purple instead. If they like the colour, which I'm sure that they will, I think I'll go with that. Thanks again. :wv
sillysocks Posts: 1390
Definitely don't think it matters - I've more or less picked my invites already (and have posted save the date cards) but have zero idea of what colour bm dresses I'm going to have yet! Really don't think people will notice.
funkyfish Posts: 7626
cool i wanted to ask this question too!!!
glitterhub Posts: 441
O:o)