Do you believe in Karma?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blondiechick Posts: 1641
Just wondering.... Like if you did something bad, will Karma mean that something bad will happen to you? I'd like to believe in it...some people are just so bad that you'd love them to get their come-uppance via Karma.
Jawl Posts: 8881
I think I do! I've had some shitty things happen to me in my life, treated awfully by men etc. I think Mr. Jawl coming into my life and being EVERYTHING my ex's weren't and treating and loving me live I've never had before is my good karma! I'd never set out to get revenge on anybody, regardless of what they've done to me, I don't do 'getting back'. I believe eventually they will get their comeuppance.
moobertson Posts: 470
Yes i definately do! Some people have done things to us or to people we love and my DH will get very upset and hold grudges. I always say don't worry they will get their comeuppance. I believe if someone goes around taking money for example and not paying it back and living life recklessly no good is going to come of it and eventually they will get bitten in the ass!
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
I like to believe in Karma! Like if someone hurts or does something bad to me I like to believe that they will get theirs in the way of bad karma. I do think of all the bad things that happens in this world and all the victims and do wonder though!
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I don't believe in it fully. Like if you're rational about it, loads of nice people have awful things happen to them. I don't think it's necessarily the universe getting back at them for past bad deeds in this or another life. I think sometimes life deal people blows at random. But on a less logical level I do hope some bad people get their comuppance. I hate to think some people coast through life taking no regard for peoples feelings and still have good luck for it. That doesn't seem fair.
lux Posts: 6270
No, I don't. I've seen horrible people promoted, get bonuses etc because they know how to play the system and other nicer people left in dead end jobs. I've seen some people die of awful illnesses and others recover, no matter how good they were to others. I don't think I've gotten what I deserve in life or that fate had a role to play. My choices born of my free will as a human got me to where I am. I am lucky to have had a nice family and stable home life but I also made my own way in life. I think people who believe in karma generally want someone bad/horrible/nasty to get what they deserve and its handy to leave it to karma instead of sorting it out themselves.
stylefreak Posts: 693
I think so. You know what they say 'karma's only a bi**h if you are!' So true!
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
[quote:11mtvlyu]Re: Do you believe in Karma? Post by lux ยป 14 Jun 2011 14:31 No, I don't. I've seen horrible people promoted, get bonuses etc because they know how to play the system and other nicer people left in dead end jobs. I've seen some people die of awful illnesses and others recover, no matter how good they were to others. I don't think I've gotten what I deserve in life or that fate had a role to play. My choices born of my free will as a human got me to where I am. I am lucky to have had a nice family and stable home life but I also made my own way in life. I think people who believe in karma generally want someone bad/horrible/nasty to get what they deserve and its handy to leave it to karma instead of sorting it out themselves.[/quote:11mtvlyu] I think that's true too, that you make your own 'luck' in life. Where possible and you can control things; it really is up to you. You can't choose your family but you can choose a path in life and whether things will be a force for good or bad in life. Health can be a lottery though.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
No I don't really! I'd like to...but I haven't really had anything show me that karma is in force really....I think some people might treat people bad / do bad things and they do just get to coast on without a care in the world, while others can be full of care and compassion and get dealt a lot of bad blows. It's not nice and it's fair but it's sometimes just how life goes....
sally cinnamon Posts: 158
i have always believed in karma granted there are situations where you think "why do bad things happen good people and why so horrible people have it easy" but i think in the grand scheme of things it will all balance out there is no doubt in my mind that life will look after those people who live beside you