Do you believe in Karma? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mommylicious Posts: 836
I do, I also believe everything happens for a reason.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Hmmm. No. I don't think I do. The rational part of me doesn't. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. And sometimes good things happen to bad people. That's just the way it is. That said - I'm always saying it! Like if I hear of someone being mean and nasty I always say 'Oh dont worry, they'll get theirs'. But I dont think I really believe it. Unfortunately, some people really are just awful and there's very little anyone can do about it. I was treated very badly by someone a few years ago and I woudl love to think that their life is horrible, that they'll never get a good job, that they'll die in horrible agony. But I know that's not true! This person has got a very sweet deal in life and it kills me! But sure, what can ya do?
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
I do believe in it. Much more so than in the "whats for you wont pass you" kind of sayings. I think if someone does horrible things it will come back and to bite them at some point, maybe not straight away but it will come around.
blondiechick Posts: 1641
Yeah it's hard to know really, isn't it? I can think of really nice people and very bad things happened to them. I can think of really bad people where good things happened to them!! I suppose the man upstairs will judge us all in the end (for those of us who believe that).
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
i do, last week, me man in our office is soo lazy, he does nothing like seriously nothing now, and at the end of the day he got a call to fix an account, and was trying to fob it off on us to fix it, but none of us would do it, coz he got the call etc, this was at 4.25 and he was finished at 4.30 sure we were delighted >:o) :-8 that he actually had to do a bit of work, and went off out laughing our butts off at him. queue next day, karma came back to bit us, every, i mean EVERY single thing the rest of us tried to do, went wrong :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 (not a serious karma butye get my drift..) thats what we get for laughing :duh: :duh:
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
I completely agree with Lux. Do people who believe in Karma only believe in it when something good happens to them, or when something bad happens to someone they don't like? Do they think "that's karma for you" when something bad happens to them? Do they think they deserve it, or do they only deseve the good stuff?
lux Posts: 6270
[quote="mysteriousmise":2g3kyimm]I completely agree with Lux. Do people who believe in Karma only believe in it when something good happens to them, or when something bad happens to someone they don't like? Do they think "that's karma for you" when something bad happens to them? Do they think they deserve it, or do they only deseve the good stuff?[/quote:2g3kyimm] Exactly. I don't believe there is some giant puppetmaster who has nothing better to do with his or her time than think "Aha, Lux was giving out about her inlaws, let's give her a prominent pimple before she goes to the wedding on Saturday". I think its when bad things happen to bad people that people think "Oooooh, what goes around comes around". Some of the loveliest friends I have are single and dying to meet a nice guy and get married and some of the unkindiest women I know are married to great men. Likewise, loads of people are gagging to have a baby and give it a lovely home but there are horrible people knocked up or who have loads of kids. How is that getting what you deserve?
Sweet8 Posts: 1285
Yes I do. If someone causes trouble and is generally a bad person then it all catches up to them in the end. Whether or not it's a cosmic universe thing or just word of mouth is another matter. I can see what Lux is saying with regard to it on a bigger scale though. But who knows what goes on behind closed doors?
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
[quote="mysteriousmise":3pzaimy9]Do people who believe in Karma only believe in it when something good happens to them, or when something bad happens to someone they don't like? Do they think "that's karma for you" when something bad happens to them? Do they think they deserve it, or do they only deseve the good stuff?[/quote:3pzaimy9] Probably will make a balls of explaining my thoughts on it but here goes....I dont go round all day commenting on the good and bad things happening shouting "Ah thats Karma for ya" at people. But I believe the choices you make in life effect the path your life will take. I dont believe in a predefined destiny. Dont believe in a God or "puppetmaster" making these decisions, more just that nature will have its own say and if you are a mean spirited person who does/wishes mean things on others then it will come back to you, me included. If you live your life with goodness I think in the grand scheme of things good things will happen. I dont believe someone can swan around for their whole life being an a$$hole and only good things will happen to them. You dont know what goes on behind closed doors, so even if the pr*ck in work got a bonus or promotion how do you know some other part of his life isnt in the gutter. Blondie Chick I know you are going through a very difficult time, and I really do believe that karma will kick your neighbours where it hurts! I hope things get better and you definitely deserve some good luck after all you have been through. :action32
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
I kinda know what you mean, MrsTed, and I'm inclined to agree, but I don't consider it "karma" or some cosmic force or something - just more, well, human nature. Nice, caring people tend to attract friends and loyalty. I don't believe that being nice stops bad things happening to you, but as a consequence of your niceness, when bad things *do* happen, others may be there for you/things might be a bit easier, because of your niceness. But I don't believe that if you're nice/good, in the grand scheme of things, good things will happen, or vice versa. Shit happens, and it happens indiscriminately. That's life.