Do you count bride & groom in guest numbers?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kilkenny bride Posts: 16
Hi, We'll be giving our final numbers to the hotel soon and this is probably a silly question, but do we count ourselves in the final numbers?! Say, for example, we have 200 people attending the wedding. Do we tell the hotel that our final numbers are 200 or 202 including us? I'd like to think that myself and the groom will eat for free considering the amount of money we'll be giving the hotel but would like to know what the norm is before we go in to meet the wedding coordinator. Thanks!
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
We had 130 for dinner but that was 128 + me & husband. They need 130 meals ready so can't really not include us!
worriedmammy2b Posts: 44
I'm afraid so, I thought the same as you that surely my own meal wouldn't be charged. But I remember it was worded 'how many people seated' so it did include us.
worriedmammy2b Posts: 44
Oh also I would give your final number minus 3 or 4, a lot easier to ad people on a few days before, our hotel charged for final number gave the week before. We had 4 people drop out the week of the wedding, so luckily I had given my final numbers less 4 so worked out perfect.
2016love Posts: 85
I assumed bride and groom would eat for free also but asked our hotel and they said no - every head is charged for :eek
jenny7785 Posts: 158
id ask the hotel, me, the groom and our daughter are free of charge for ours
kilkenny bride Posts: 16
Thanks for the replies everyone!