Do you drink 2 litres of water a day?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
As recommended? I've always drank water in fits and starts. But it's my drink of choice for the past 2 years really. Don't drink much fizzy drinks unless I had a really really bad hangover and needed a can of coke. I've been following Keith Anthony Diet for the past 2 weeks and you have to drink 2L of water a day and 4 cups of Pu Erh tea. I find it easier at work when I'm sitting at the desk and have my 2 litres almost done for the day. I am waiting on my skin to start glowing back at me in the mirror, but it hasn't happened yet :o0 But the one pain in the arse is the 136 "loo runs" per day :o0 In fact I had to rush to the toilet half way through this post :innocent:
veryvalentino Posts: 259
I'd look into that again, it can actualy be bad for you to drink that much water pr day, especially if you are folloing it up with green tea which is bacally water too. All that water can cause some something called water intoxication...have a google! Remember that you get lots of water from many foods that you eat too.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I drank 1.5l a day religiously in the year and a half before my wedding, i did notice an improvement in my skin and in my overall wellbeing, i felt more alert and less tired. at the moment i'm not as good cause i find it hard to even get up from my desk but this thread has reminded me that i should be drinking alot more!
dymo2 Posts: 787
When i am at work i easily drink my 2 liters a day.And i could drink another liter if i am doing spinning or something.I have to try and cut down on it as that is way too much as i also drink it when eating + my one can of diet coke per day
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
I actually thought 3litres was the recommendation :-8 I go through phases with the water, sometimes it's a piece of p*ss ( :o0 ) other times I'd struggle to even get a 500ml bottle into me. It's so much easier to drink water in work, I also go through phases of polishing off a litre water on the train to and from work (about 40min journey) My friend told me about the dangers of drinking too much water, but he was talking about crazy amount, I think about 7litres!!! :eek So of course that would do damage to you.
lux Posts: 6270
I asked my doctor about this. She said the only thing drinking loads of water will do is make you go to the loo more. Apparantly we get most of our water from food. Also, tea and coffee and other drinks have water. I drink about a litre a day, but I also drink a lot of herbal teas and usually have soup for lunch.
I know too much is bad for you too, but I couldn't drink it unless I genuinely needed it!
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I think once you drink it throughout the day, sipping rather than lashing back a litre in one sitting, that you're ok. Also the 1.5 - 2l recommendation is for a normal day, i imagine if you're doing intense exercise like spinning that'd you'd need to drink more, or at least it would be ok to drink more, because you'd be getting more dehydrated than a normal day. Also i'd say if you're hungover you'd need to drink more as the alcohol would have dehydrated you.
veryvalentino Posts: 259
1.8/1.9L could be the recommended intake, this would include all water based drinks and food etc.
Ok, between my four cups of herbal tea I think I will cut my water intake back to 1 litre.