Do you ever feel like a nag?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I've asked hubs to replace two light fittings in our house. I went and bought them as he wasn't pushed, have them in the room ready to go and three weeks later he still hasn't done them. It's one excuse after another, a match on, a pint with the mates, too tired, hasn't got the right tools (even though he has a full kit >:o( ). I feel like a nag but I just want the things up!!!! I have thought about giving it a go myself but I'm not at all "handy" or getting someone in but I know the row would not be worth it. If I see something that needs doing, I just do it!!! But he's been looking at the bloody things for weeks and never seems to take the initiative, so I'm always asking "When will you put those things up"!!! Just needed to get it off my chest! :o0
ianstuart Posts: 1947
Tomorrow when you and hubby are at home start puting the lights up on your own. Then ask him if it is in the right place , gona be centre etc etc and then he will take over and do the job all the while saying You would mess up the lights. This way you get the lights up with no nagging. :o)ll :o)ll
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
DH is very laid back. It's one of things I love about him but one of the things that irks me too. Sometimes I feel I'd have to light a fire under him to do things. Just because something isn't a life or death situation doesn't mean you can keep putting it on the long finger!! Drives me batty. He expends more energy fobbing me off about little chores than he would if he just did them. And breathe.....
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
Yes!! I feel like a total nag. H2B is so laidback and such a procrastinator, it drives me nutty. When I have to ask him to do really obvious stuff, that needs to be done I do tell him I feel like a nag. I often say, 'I'm not your mother, please don't make me nag you!'
randomusername Posts: 2134
Maybe he feels the same as you and doesn't feel competent enough or ready to put them up? Sometimes these things can turn into a longer job then originally thought so maybe he just doesn't want to waste a good few hours doing it when he's not in the mood? Unless you're sitting in darkness I wouldn't be bothered nagging him, leave them where he can see them and they'll get done eventually. Never see the point of nagging myself, if I want things done I usually make a list and we do them together at our own pace.
punkybrewster Posts: 290
I know how you feel.. I'm the sort of person who needs to have things done as soon as possible, otherwise they play on my mind....impatient, OCD, call it what you like!! If I can do it myself, I will, but if I can't, I ask DH and he is usually very obliging, but sometimes drives me mad as I hate feeling like a nag!!!!! I'm always saying to him 'If you had just done it the first time I wouldn't feel like an oul nag' He has this habit of staring unblinking at the TV when I ask him to do/get something and if I say his name again, he goes 'What?' and looks at me as if he has no idea that I have spoken to him!!
ott Posts: 3920
November 2009: Bought hat racks, as agreed with DH. February 2011: DH screws hat racks to wall. February 2011: DH hangs umbrella from one hat rack and it falls off wall. October 2011: Hat rack still lying on ground under bookcase.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Honest to God, seriously, this is getting worse. I need glasses. I thought that said 'Do you ever feel like a sh*ag.' I really need to go to an opticians! In answer to your question, yes, on both counts. I often feel like a sh*ag and I also sometimes feel like a nag!
Mrs W Posts: 2923
Apparently I'm an awful nag! If he did it when I first asked him I wouldn't have to keep asking and therefore nagging!!
mrshigginstobe Posts: 243
[quote="ianstuart":2dx84r9e]Tomorrow when you and hubby are at home start puting the lights up on your own. Then ask him if it is in the right place , gona be centre etc etc and then he will take over and do the job all the while saying You would mess up the lights. This way you get the lights up with no nagging. :o)ll :o)ll[/quote:2dx84r9e] +1 :o)ll