Do you ever get.........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
.........actual phyical movement in your belly when you think of your wedding and how close it is? :o0 Mr. Jawl did his pre nup this morning and we made the appointment with the priest for the rehearsal. I've never been surer of anything in my life but when I see how close we are, my belly actually flips and I'm sure it's visible from the outside that tis flipping! Even though I know it's not! :o0
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
We are 10 months away and I get a freaky squirming in my stomach when I think of it :o0
frankenbride Posts: 419
seriously Jawl all your posts just call to me!! My tummy is flipping all day actually feeling sea sick at this stage :hic
DillieDallie Posts: 423
Hmmmmm I'm struggling with this at the minute, and Im getting married before you Jawl. :-8 I've been looking forward to it for soo long now that I cant get my head out of that space. I'm still just looking forward to it! I'm still planning away at it, ticking off jobs etc etc, but it just hasnt hit that its soon, really soon. I get emotional thinking of H2B at the top of the aisle but I've always gotten like that. I mean I picked up our rings this week, invites are waiting to be posted, I had my dress fitting the week before, all pretty big jobs but I'm still looking forward to it and dont really feel any different the closer it gets, does that make sense???? :thnk
Jawl Posts: 8881
Fairlylively, I've been planning for 21 months now, and it was always 'oh it's 2 years/18months/1 year/6months away' but now it's not anymore! It hit me in August when I said it was 5 months away and a friend said 'that's 20 weeks' :o0
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
I'm getting married in 2 weeks. Every time I say it out loud I get a bit sick in my mouth!
DillieDallie Posts: 423
@Rocksie, Love it! Have you felt any different in recent weeks Rocksie, whats the build up like, are you just ready to get it over with now, or do you not want it to come so quick? @Jawl, same here, especially as I'm down to weeks now, just ticking them off, but I dunno, just waiting to feel different I think? :-8
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
[quote="fairlylively":2cikl2q2]@Rocksie, Love it! Have you felt any different in recent weeks Rocksie, whats the build up like, are you just ready to get it over with now, or do you not want it to come so quick? :-8[/quote:2cikl2q2] I am so excited when I think about the day... I can't wait for it. But it doesn't feel real at all, like it's not "our" wedding, that we've been planning for over two years. It's kind of like it's somebody elses, like a good friend. So, I am excited for "them" but keep having to remind myself it will be me and OH at the top table etc. Time-wise, I am getting a bit worried that the week I have off before the wedding will be manic, as I still have quite a bit to do, but it's all fiddly bits and pieces. I am hoping that if I get a day's peace on my own in my own house, I'll get it all done.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
[quote="Rocksie80":25v8g4u6]I'm getting married in 2 weeks. Every time I say it out loud I get a bit sick in my mouth![/quote:25v8g4u6] I'm sorry but I couldn't help laughing when I read that! I'm actually so excited for you thinking that you get your big day in 2 weeks !!! I think there is something wrong with me as I am not having any of the feelings you are describing :-8 Don't get me wrong I am really excited about getting married and having the big celebration but it just doesn't feel real and I keep thinking this planning lark is just a permanent fixture with no end game :o0
justwaitin Posts: 2462
Yes jawl, after ur post yesterday, i had a bit of aha moment, i emailed a couple of suppliers yestetday, my friend gave me my invites, i picked my jewelry ( only by chance was avoiding oneof thoose charity muggers and ran into a jewellers and low behold i found a stunning bracelet and earrings. And have finished the mass booklet too.