Do you get scared?!?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsDr Posts: 1316
At night?!? DH is travelling loads at the moment and I'm on my own! Im grand at night, heading up to bed, going to sleep etc but if wake during the night i find it hard to fall back until about 4am coz it's usually getting bright!!! I keep thinking I hear something downstairs/outside/in the back garden etc!! I'm a wuss. Help me get over it!!
tilsun Posts: 4506
Am terrified most of the time at night. Just the mention of 4am has me in a bit of a sweat. Before going to bed I take a moment to check every window and door is locked. Then I set the alarm. So if I hear dodgy noises I try to rationalise with myself that its noone as the alarm would have gone off. If dh is away I sometimes have tv on in bed to distract myself. Then I tell myself its natural to be a bit anxious at night but all is well and the sooner I relax and go to sleep the sooner it will be morning. Good luck
Sassypants Posts: 4461
Yes. Not too bad here cos we are in a nice estate with good neighbours but when we lived in Collin's Avenue in Dublin I used to be bricking it. Hate the dark. Luckily I fall asleep fairly quickly!
Haha Tilsun I think the same, the other morning I woke at 2am, heard silly noises, so turned on iphone and read WOL, sky news, rte news, Facebook posts till 4am (my safe time!!) God another 8 nights of this :(
Thanks Sassy, thankfully I'm in a nice estate too and my walls are so thin that my neighbour can practically hear me fart!!! So that helps me sometimes!! I just feel so stupid for thinking this! If I'm away DH sleeps fine!!
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I don't! I lived alone before I met himself and loved it. I never had any trouble, and I still love having the house to myself the odd time. But I can understand how it can be scary, especially if there's thunder and lightening like we've had lately.
Sassypants Posts: 4461
[quote="MrsDr":1hhvhxhy]Thanks Sassy, thankfully I'm in a nice estate too and my walls are so thin that my neighbour can practically hear me fart!!! So that helps me sometimes!! I just feel so stupid for thinking this! If I'm away DH sleeps fine!![/quote:1hhvhxhy] Well that is good. Is there anything you could do to help? Locking some inside doors, sleeping with kids etc? It's weird, since our little man has come along I feel less scared as I'm not on my own. Cos an almost 11 month old can fight off anything. (He does have mahoosive front teeth so maybe...)
I do lock the internal doors, even when DH is here! DS is 2 so wouldn't be great at protecting me either! Had to laugh at the mahoosive tooth, very funny. I might drag DS in soon!!
ginger power Posts: 1632
Im same MrsDr im a wuss afaird of my own shawdow, wont stay in house if Dh wasnt here, go to my home house!!! I hate wakin in moddle of nigjt my mind plays tricks thinking i can hear things
katiemomma Posts: 2690
If I'm home alone with the kids I leave the light on til Dh comes in. I actually fall asleep quicker with a light on when on my own. Even when he is here I am afraid of every noise. We are only in our home a year and I get freaked easily. We live in the countryside so there is always some animal outside making noise at all hours. I nearly give myself a heart attack getting worked up over noises! I have woken Dh to go check what 'that noise' was.