Do you get your Dad anything......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Knockers Posts: 3514
............... for giving you away? I have cufflinks for all the wedding party but am I meant to get my Dad something for giving me away?
Mrstobe10 Posts: 1793
I dont think so but Im going to get my dad something small.. engraved hip flask/cuff links and maybe a nice lighter - he is worse person to buy for!!
Betsy May Posts: 2168
No, you don't have to - it's not one of the traditional presents you give. It's completely up to you if you would like to give him something to mark the day.
Mrs Knockers Posts: 3514
Well I have a nice pair of newbridge silver cufflinks for him (same as all of the wedding party have been bought) but I was thinking of getting him a watch to match but H2B said I didn't have to get him anything, I just thought it would be nice (plus he could do with a new watch!!!)
Biancee fiancee Posts: 907
Nope! Never even occured to me to get him anything and he wouldnt expect it.. picked up a pr of naff Father of the bride cufflinks to give him the night before but thats only for a laugh...
good2go Posts: 564
I got a "Thank you" card for my parents and wrote a heart-felt message on the inside.My Dad's the kind of person who thinks its silly to spend money on things just for one day.Anyway,they loved the card.And it got straight to the point!
Biancee fiancee Posts: 907
Yeah good2go, my folks would be the same. Would appreciate heartfelt chat or card more than anything else. Card is great idea..might steal that one on you!
good2go Posts: 564
[quote="Biancee fiancee":35fn3h6y]Yeah good2go, my folks would be the same. Would appreciate heartfelt chat or card more than anything else. Card is great idea..might steal that one on you![/quote:35fn3h6y] no worries, steal away!
s wife Posts: 1445
hi knockers sorry i cant pm you for some reason so i jumping on this post to let you know that i'll be here later :wv
Greece Posts: 1800
[quote="Biancee fiancee":3pzg27ky]Nope! Never even occured to me to get him anything and he wouldnt expect it.. picked up a pr of naff Father of the bride cufflinks to give him the night before but thats only for a laugh...[/quote:3pzg27ky] Great minds think alike BF - this is what i got my dad - and socks too :o0