Do you give the BM.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

yummum2010 Posts: 407
a presentation bouquet at the speeches?! I know she has her own bouquet for the church but does she get presented with a "Thank You" bouquet at the speeches aswell. I will be making a short speech and wondered do I give her flowers as I thank her or are the words enough?! PS I will have left a surprise baskets of gifts in her room during the day so its there for her when she goes back at night! Thanks girls - please advise! :wv
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
Ah no you don't. In fact we're doing no presentations whatsoever to anybody during the speeches. It only drags out the whole affair.
mid-summer bride Posts: 175
No, I've never heard of this being done to be honest....
milis Posts: 7998
Never heard of this either!
yada yada Posts: 1598
No - never heard of it. Flowers for the Mammies if you want to (we're not - I agree with the other poster get the speeches over with asap and get the party started) I'd say a lot of brides to be would like to complete the sentence you used to start the discussion though.... Here's mine - it does not apply to my BM as she is a star but going on some WOL experiences I think some BMs deserve it! Do you give the BM....... a kick in the ass :o0
Linda H Posts: 1151
We'll just be giving the Mammies the flowers. Leaving the girls gifts in their rooms
yummum2010 Posts: 407
OK - thanks girls! She will just have to make do with the whopper basket I have made up for her! :o0
Kop Mama Posts: 804
Oh the basket is a great idea! What have you put in it?
Silent Bride Posts: 565
No never heard of this, flowers only for the mums and nanas if your lucky to have both there.....don't forget the lovely nanas.
bubblyblonde Posts: 1353
Never heard this before :wv