Do you handwrite the RSVP envelopes???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

honeyec Posts: 969
Hi all, just a quick one - I'm handwriting all the guests' addresses on the main invites, their names inside the invites and will be handwriting my thank you cards & placenames. However, is it considered bad manners to print my mum's address on the envelopes for the RSVPs?
gerbil Posts: 3528
not at all, many people print addresses now even on the invitation envelopes....it should be perfectly fine!
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
Nope, I printed them onto clear labels with fancy writing - they were lovely. Have 210 labels spare if you want them ??
honeyec Posts: 969
Thanks a mill Mrs N, but I actually have loads of clear labels left from making my save the date cards. I'm sure someone will take you up on the offer though!
wigwammer Posts: 91
we printed our invite in full with names on. Envelopes printed RSVPs labels printed as envelopes were to small. They looked great - really clean professional and elegant. no differences between one and another. I'd have found it v hard to write them all out in good writing, it would have started out great and ended in scribble.
May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
Im actually looking for clear address labels at the mo. Where did ye get them and are they expensive?
marianf Posts: 5845
Hi May 08 Bride, you can buy them in Viking etc. They are not mad expensive (€40) but a box would have way way more than you would ever use. I can get them through my office so let me know how many you need and I will happily send you some in the next week or so. PM me your address etc. There are usually about 21 labels per page.