Do you have doubts about things you have booked?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

highbeam Posts: 2578
Hopefully I am not alone in this. I constantly have to convince myself I have booked the right people, bought the right dress etc Id say the only thing I have had no doubts about is my venue. The photographer I really wanted was already booked for our date so I booked another that I really liked but not as much as the first one and so many times I have had to go back through her website to remember why I thought she was good. On Monday I emailed another photographer but after an hour of panic decided that I am happy with the one Ive booked and Im just being silly. Every few weeks I have to look up my dress to remind myself how much I loved it to stop me thinking about that too! I rarely see any recent reviews of our band on here so theres another thing I doubt myself on. We arent getting married till September I hope I dont drive myself demented with doubt till then. Anyone else second guessing their decisions?
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I did. I booked hair and makeup which was very expensive and more than I had budgeted for (TBH my imaginary budget was very unrealistic!) and even a week before I was wondering if it was worth it. But it was, they were so professional and fun on the morning it got my whole house off to a great start. We also had a free bar, I had a few (a lot!) reservations about it because you hear stories about people going mad on them but it was one of the best places we put our money, the people (very, very few) we knew would take the p!ss did but everyone else just enjoyed themselves and even now tell us what a nice gesture it was and how much they appreciated it. I think its such a big day and in a sense quite abstract until the day itself that its only natural to mull over thing, if I read a less than glowing comment about our videographer or photographer I would have a wobbly moment but we stuck with everyone we booked and not one of them let us down on the day.
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
All the time. I am a worrier anyway. I worry about the band, I worry about the food choices, I was awake at 4am in the morning worrying about my dress. I'm wrecked with all the worrying, I've been doing. A little rational voice in my head tells me that I am being silly about stuff. But, at the end of the day you are inviting your nearest and dearest for party and you want them all to have a great time. So, it is kinda hard not to get worked up about it. OH does it too, I was just about to drop off to sleep last night when he turned around and said "oh my god, I think the band is too young for our crowd" Eh cheers love, for completely waking me up and starting me worrying again. :duh:
highbeam Posts: 2578
Im a little in no mans land at the minute and booking things has come to a bit of a halt, Im hoping that after Christmas when I start on invitations and flowers Ill stop worrying about the things Ive booked up till now or maybe Im just going to add to the list. Thankfully havent read any bad reviews on my suppliers its just me second guessing myself. [quote="Miss Fahrenheit":2r6dsisb] OH does it too, I was just about to drop off to sleep last night when he turned around and said "oh my god, I think the band is too young for our crowd" Eh cheers love, for completely waking me up and starting me worrying again. :duh:[/quote:2r6dsisb] :o0 :duh: Oh no! Ive picked a lot of the bits and pieces so far but thankfully my OH was there to pick the band so he reassures me they will be great.
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
+1 Shampers... I've have second thoughts and doubts on EVERYTHING I've booked so far - Hotel, Cars, Photographer, Videographer, Band... My big doubts are with the band, as we booked them without hearing them. They are expensive and we haven't even gone to hear them yet - will have to get to hear them after Christmas... I haven't even began looking at dresses yet (wedding in Sept) so no doubt I'll be stressing over that before long.
gingerwhinger Posts: 1421
[quote="shampers":yypp7bc8] Every few weeks I have to look up my dress to remind myself how much I loved it to stop me thinking about that too! [/quote:yypp7bc8] i do this too. i was torn between 2 dresses so look up the one i chose every week wondering if i've made the right decision!! so far with band, venue, photographer. i booked places and people i know and that are local to me so at the moment i'm not worrying about them but things could change. the thing i worry about the most is being able afford it all. i've cut back so much but still sometimes i lie in bed thinking is it worth all this money at all, just for one day! it's total madness and it scares me
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
[quote:b39elsws]The thing i worry about the most is being able afford it all. i've cut back so much but still sometimes i lie in bed thinking is it worth all this money at all, just for one day! it's total madness and it scares me[/quote:b39elsws] Oh I totally think this too, in fact I'm fairly certain that is it not worth the money but we are in too deep now! I will let you know after the "big day". Of course we will have a great day but the money would have been better spent on something longer lasting. (I'm talking the party rather than the marriage obviously :o0 )
blue16 Posts: 201
Me too! I have only booked the venue so far and I keep thinking it was too expensive when i compare it to the cost of other people's receptions. But the deposit is paid and contracts signed so no going back. Like everyone else I think it's the cost of the whole wedding that is so daunting. Because you are paying so much you worry that everything will be nothing less than perfect. I think its only normal :eek
Magsk Posts: 644
I am the same with my dress and our band i love my dress but always thinking is it the right one i keep forgetting how i felt in it ha silly! Our band was the same we booked them because they were suspose to be top notch but we had reservations after we booked them we went to see they 3 times and each time i was less impressed so myself + H2b made a descision to cancel and re-book another band!!1 it was the best decision were so happy now we were afriad to admit we made a mistake but were back on track and cant wait!!! Roll on September ! Ah i see weddings in my head at night constantly thinking its driving me potty !!! :eek
maxicosi Posts: 576
I have no reason to believe this will happen but I am terrified that band i booked wont show up on the day aaahhh