Do you have to give many presentations in your job?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
I have to give one tomorrow and I'm SO allergic. I'm here with powerpoint open and I'm just gone blank. I hate hate hate hate this kind of thing. Can I not just type something up and send it to the people coming instead :o( If it was just to my office I'd be grand, but its to about 30 strangers, some of them academics which is a hard audience. I hate my job :o( :o(
pluto Posts: 3893
Sorry, meant to say if anyone has any tips they be welcomed :thnk
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
Will PM you Madgie
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
sorry not familiar with powerpoint thats the great thing about reception :o0
*gone* Posts: 4785
Haven't given presentations in ages, but one tip I did get somewhere along the way is to stare at the back wall just above people's heads. Then you are not looking at anyone in particular, but still looking in the direction of the audience.
islandfun Posts: 3054
Never had to make one, oh except in college. If it were me, I'd practice loads so it'd be easier. I'm sure himself would be delighted to help.
Dreamster Posts: 6620
[quote="islandfun":3p1rpji8]Never had to make one, oh except in college. If it were me, I'd practice loads so it'd be easier. [b:3p1rpji8]I'm sure himself would be delighted to help[/b:3p1rpji8].[/quote:3p1rpji8] Seeing as he is on gardening leave and all.....
NowGone Posts: 8042
Tips? Rehearse it before you give it to make sure all of the animation is perfect, and so you don;t have any unexpected suprises. I love presentations!
McDanny Posts: 1435
[quote="NoZilla":1v57hyfm]Tips? Rehearse it before you give it to make sure all of the animation is perfect, and so you don;t have any unexpected suprises. I love presentations![/quote:1v57hyfm] You are a sick individual NZ :o0 I would rather cut off my head!
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="McDanny":181c4g6q][quote="NoZilla":181c4g6q]Tips? Rehearse it before you give it to make sure all of the animation is perfect, and so you don;t have any unexpected suprises. I love presentations![/quote:181c4g6q] You are a sick individual NZ :o0 I would rather cut off my head![/quote:181c4g6q] I'm a bit of an exhibitionist. I like being the centre of attention* :o0 *when I know what I'm talking about.