Do you have to have a CHIEF Bridesmaid?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sunbeam Posts: 2721
Hey! Silly question, but my CBM is pregnant, and I have a feeling she's going to back out of her role. I have told her the decision is hers and I'm not going to influence her. But that leaves me with my two other BM's, and I don't really want to make either of these two the CBM in her absence. It makes me feel like I've awarded the three of them 1st, 2nd and 3rd IYKWIM! Also, my CBM really didn't do anything to help me so far (and that's not a bitch, I never expected her to do anything, even when I asked her, as geographically, it would have been difficult), so I don't feel that I actually need a CBM. I'm organising the hen myself, and I'm sure both of the other BMs would give me a hand with the bouquet and my train on the day. So, is it ok to just have 2 BM's and no CBM?
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
i would reckon its ok though i have only one but i have been to weddings where there have been more then one bm and it wasnt specified who was CBM.
Spring07 Posts: 130
its fine the only thing u may have to pick one of them to be the witness
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
I'm not having a CBM, i didn't want to chose one over the others. But when I met the minister last week he said I would have to choose one of them to sign the register, so am trying to decide at the moment. But whoever I choose will still not be known as CBM.
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
As Spring07 said you don't have a chief bridesmaid, just some-one has to act as your witness, I know one girl who had a friend as her bridesmaid but actually had a male friend act as her witness.
babs1 Posts: 252
yeah i think the same, no need for cbm, once the 2 girls are gonna be quick off the mark to help with the dress etc. on the day you'll be fine. Coz you're so organised you really dont need the help of a cbm organising hens etc.
OctMrsC Posts: 774
Initially I was only having 1 Bm so I put her name down as person signing as a witness. I am now having 2 BM's but neither will be CBM..
over it Posts: 2779
I'm not having a CBM, I'm having two bridesmaids and a junior bridesmaid. I didn't want to chose one over the other so on the morning of the wedding we are going to flip a coin and who ever gets heads signs the register. My H2B is doing the same with his bestmen - he has two brothers and doesn't want to pick between them.
jarashow Posts: 3083
Is CMB not just a phrase for your right hand lady so to speak, the one who walks down the aslie in front of you and signs the register???... apart from that no difference to the others at all.
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
My two sisters are my bridemaids and I don't want to differentiate between them for CBM, so I am asking my Mum to sign the register.