Do you or did you worry about other weddings?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Penny Hill Posts: 1898
Hi all, Alot of friends are all in that age bracket where we are all getting married around the same time. If you were or are in a situation where everyone you know seems to be getting married, did you feel like there was competition? I'm not saying intentional competition, but more like were you wondering if there would be comparsions made between friends and all those guests who would be attending all of these weddings!???!!!!
Alsgal12 Posts: 1411
Absolutely! It's not so much with friends but in my Dept in work there is 3 of us getting married in the space of 2 months next year. I'm last of the three so am sh**ting myself that one of the others has something the same as me and it will look like I copied them!! They also have significantly larger budgets then me (like triple or quadruple!) so am nervous my wedding might look shabby or something in comparison. :-8
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
Nope - totally confident mine is going to be the best :o0 Yep, I'm a little worried about two people with big budgets, we're cutting things right, left and centre so I hope mine doesn't look mean!
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
Yeah a bit- I'm lucky in that I'm the first out of my college friends to get married and kind of the first out of my home friends (one got married years back and the other just had a destination wedding) but I still worry, mainly about the one thing we cut; a band. Even though I know we made the right decision for us esp as we're having a small wedding, I still worry as it's not the norm. It's only normal. But you know what big budget weddings are generally not the best- try not to worry. The guests that matter are there for you and there to enjoy themselves. It's the people that make the wedding and people generally just want to enjoy themselves and help make it a day to remember for the bride and groom
07Bride2012 Posts: 130
Hey i'm not really worried about the competition of who's is better, i think weddings are always different and everyone will just enjoy the day and be happy for us. The only thing that worries me is if we end up with same dress or something ridiculous like that!! :eek
queen30 Posts: 1551
not worried about friends weddings so much as my SIL. she has made it clear that we are in competition with each other. she was determined to get married before us and goes out of her way to tell me how much they are spending on everything - €10 per person on favours, in a cathedral, free bar all night...we have just come to the conclusion we cant compete so we just have try and be happy for her and hope everyone has forgotten about her wedding by the time ours comes around :)
dublinredhead Posts: 917
I have to admit I'm a little concerned after attending BIL2B's wedding last week. Now we had our wedding announced before them - had my bm dressess picked before they even set their date - and horror horror they are the same colour - now completely different style but same colour!!! So we might have to rethink the BM and GM waistcoat colour as they were going to be red, but now they'll look exactly the same as BIL2B and his wedding party....... The things that us Brides to Be worry about eh!!!
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
[quote="queen30":10xebnfv]not worried about friends weddings so much as my SIL. she has made it clear that we are in competition with each other. she was determined to get married before us and goes out of her way to tell me how much they are spending on everything - €10 per person on favours, in a cathedral, free bar all night...we have just come to the conclusion we cant compete so we just have try and be happy for her and hope everyone has forgotten about her wedding by the time ours comes around :)[/quote:10xebnfv] :eek €10 per favour, i'm stunned!!! Yes the dress thing would worry me too!!!
queen30 Posts: 1551
i know! :ooh half the time we cant figure out if they are bullsh*tting or what. yeh having the same dress is a bit of a worry too especially as shes a size 6 and im double that :-8
Alsgal12 Posts: 1411
[quote :eek €10 per favour, i'm stunned!!! ![/quote] Jeebus- Im thinking of 1euro or less per favour!! :ooh