Do you play cards?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nelly Posts: 1875
Just on the hobbies thread - de hubbie reckons that his parents used to have regular card nights and we could do the same. I hate the thoughts! My parents used to have those nights for friends too and the arguing till 3 over who threw trump cards when, did my head in as a kid and i have no wish to repeat it - just wanted to know, anyone else play like 21 / 45 / whist / bridge etc etc?
Callalily Posts: 325
Texas Hold'Em Poker is the cool thing to do amongst our friends. One of our mates hosts a poker night, and we all go... sometimes I play (not really that interested though) and sometimes it's just to hang out and drink wine with my friends. H2b is much more into it than me, and plays online too. H2B would love to have one, but we think we are located too far away for our friends who don't drive to travel to easily. H2B's mum had a yearly poker night on NYE where he used to play waiter when he was younger, and my mum goes out to bridge on a Wednesday, so I suppose it runs in the family here too :-)
mammybean Posts: 10364
ya have held loads of them, but we play texas hold'em, straight poker and southern cross. We play cards out in fmil [i:2ddgskzx]alot[/i:2ddgskzx] but there we play bonkers
Woodstock Posts: 1565
yup we play Texas Hold 'Em (well... hubby does, not me!) - card nights are hosted at rotation amongst friends and relatives. We often have it in our house.. I think it's a great thing cos the men are in a room playing and the women are in another having a girly night, drinking wine, etc.. keeps everyone happy!
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
Only game I can play is "31", we play this every Saturday night in the barracks before we go out town. We always break even playing it but its not big money anyway only €2.50 a game per person
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
I can't play Poker, it never held any interest for me. But I absolutely love playing Don, though it's only a 4 player game so it doesn't often come up unfortunately.
happywife Posts: 1575
The PDQ Posts: 954
We quite often have poker nights, texas hold em and 5 card, we all put a tenner in pot and didvide chips equally, 1st place gets the pot and 2nd place gets their tenner back
Phoenix Posts: 836
Love Texas Hold em, play regularly with friends, it's always great craic. I won the last time, for the first time EVER!! :o0 :o0 :o0 Was delighted with myself.... had a big smile on for the rest of the weekend..... We don't play for big money, it tends to be €3.00 per person, and we split the pot between first and second place.
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
I can't play cards. :-8 I get confused playing 'snap'! :-8 People have tried to teach me to no avail! :-8