Do you prefer to drink white wine or red wine

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

barley Posts: 858
I'm trying to find out the general percentage of red or white wine drinkers on this site so that I can try and figure out whether we need more red them white or vice versa. So Do you prefer red or white wine?
noc Posts: 1802
Used to only drink red. Now I've turned into possibly more of a white fan (though I do still love a good rioja). However, most people, in my experience anyway, prefer red. Our hotel manager also found this and advised us to go with two-thirds red wine and one third white as far as I remember (not sure)...
Thanks noc, I would have thought that too but with changing tastes and more wines being available here in Ireland, I thought I'd ask here to see what you all think. I love a Rioja as welland hate white wine now but I did drink it in my 20s.
pallouie Posts: 21
White wine all the way for me......Cannot do red at all...... O-O
NowGone Posts: 8042
It depends on whether I'm having food with my wine, what that food is and the time of the year.
Ok, to make it easier. The wedding is the 4th October and we're serving a choice between lamb and seabass.
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="Barley":19wgtw4n]Ok, to make it easier. The wedding is the 4th October and we're serving a choice between lamb and seabass.[/quote:19wgtw4n] Oooooooooh, I don't know which I'd pick. It's Autumn, so I'd like Red, but I'd probably eat the SeaBass......On balance, I'd go for white. I'd suspect you'd need 60:40 white:red for your Menu, something like that.
snookums Posts: 197
I'm white wine all the time maybe on a very rare occassion i'd drink 1 glass of red with dinner but i'd rather polish off a bottle of white. We are going 60:40 white : red
she Posts: 3298
im white but i keep meaning to try out red, will soon
23skidoo Posts: 1272
rosé :o0