Do you read the papers?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Pretty well educated, degree, 2 masters, a few other certs, in middle of Phd but feel bad that I don't read the paper every day!! What about everyone else??
belcra Posts: 1097
I tend to read them online or the headlines on twitter. I only buy papers at the weekend though I don't always read them even then. Feel bad too sometimes that I don't read whole articles.
Alwaysbroke Posts: 1140
Time to read the papers in this house is a luxury! Usually get the Star on a Saturday and will get to read most of it at some point over the weekend or every now and then I'll buy the Irish Times or the Examiner and every time I do dh says 'ooh were we feeling intellectual today in the shop?'. :o0 Also buy my local paper every week but don't get to read it half the time!
tassajara Posts: 723
I read The Irish Times everyday. Somedays, I will read it cover to cover, other days I'll only read the first three pages and the opinion pieces. I missed being able to get the newspaper when I emigrated so I subscribed to the e-paper, and it is nice to wake up every morning to an email with a link to the newspaper in it.
belcra Posts: 1097
I always miss the weekend papers if I'm away I love the weekend sections of the examiner and the crossword in the business post.
Twinkle toe Posts: 1025
Read the news items through apps on my iPhone. Got RTE, BBC, CNN, Irish times & Indo apps so that works for me. At work read the free rag Metro & at weekends OH gets Times or Sunday Business Post & I read those. I used to read the mail but felt that it was very biased - what is their obsession with the marital status of certain women? And I really don't rate the indo much at all. Oh always read the local paper when we go home - always!
paperclips Posts: 3146
Only at the weekends. Reading the papers over breakfast on Sunday mornings is my favourite time of the week. I would happily spend all sunday on the couch reading the papers. We buy a selection so have plenty to keep me going! During the week I catch up on all the news online. I find journal.ie a great site for the lastest news.
ructions Posts: 2689
Much prefer a paper to online news which is never as in-depth or analytical. You only get snippets, I love reading a real paper.
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
Just the Sunday Times, I find it takes me the week to get through it though :-8 I don't rate the Indo at all, very sensationalist and poor writing skills I do, however, look at the Daily Mail online every day to get my sleb gossip, now they [b:1smi87fp]really[/b:1smi87fp] can't write :o0
happieout Posts: 3111
Online mostly. I get it at the weekends, just don't have the time to read it during the week.