Do you send invite to Minister and Priest

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

spark Posts: 278
As I am CofI and dp is Catholic we are having a combined service in my church perhaps a silly question but do I send an invite to Minister and Priest as we are having them both to the meal Thanks girls
culabula Posts: 13
Hi I sent one to our preist and he never sent back the rsvp!!! I am not sure if the done thing but my MIL told me to do it so I did!
culabula Posts: 13
Hi I sent one to our preist and he never sent back the rsvp!!! I am not sure if the done thing but my MIL told me to do it so I did!
christina31 Posts: 53
hiya, also sent invite to local priest ( local priest prepared the papers etc for us but getting married outside the parish) and didn't get rsvp - but think its kind of understood that if they are performing the ceremony they will come along to reception even if only for while
spark Posts: 278
Thanks girls think I will send one too them both just to be on the safe side!
WilmaFlintstone Posts: 1318
I was talking to my MIL about this the other day. She reckons that you ask him in person after the service, just thank them for marrying you and tell them you would like them to join you at the reception. I dont think that they always go, but as far as I was told it's understood that there will be a place for them if they choose to attend.
cathycam Posts: 335
I sent my priest an invite and I think he was quite chuffed, to be honest! His was one of the first replies back! Plus, it lets him know exactly where the reception is...
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
We just asked him and he said he'd be there 'for the dinner anyway' !
Gabby Posts: 2873
Yeah I would say so Spark
spring 08 Posts: 109
Definately send invitations. I have a cousin who is a priest and he said that couples often mean to ask the priest in person to the reception but between one thing and another they don't and the priest then is not aware where the reception is at!