Do you suffer from PMT?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
I do, but it varies from month to month. Sometimes I just get this anxious feeling and within a day or two I've come on. Other times like this month, I was just plain irritable, and get really wound up about little things. I really hate PMT!! Have you ever been in PMT ranting mode and cutting off your nose to spite your face? Yet all the time this inner voice is saying 'Stop, does it matter that the bedclothes are wrinkled/the tea is too hot/your friends didn't invite you somewhere?' :o0
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I don't think I ever did. My sister used to get it though, she still does but to a less extent. It's awful really. She'd get it bad and be so upset when she was ratty as she felt she had no control. She begged the GP to put her on the Pill as she felt like Jekyl and Hyde. It's no joke being a woman at times.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Usually I'm not too bad at all. A bit ratty, a bit peed off or getting wound up easily for just a few days before. Normally though, unless something really upsets me you wouldn't notice a change in mood. I'm very very lucky with that, have never had any trouble in that department and don't get too much cramps or pain, my sister and a friend suffer really badly with periods and my heart goes out to them, cos it's every month, they never get a break. There was one time though when the PMS went out of control. We refer to it as Rashergate. H2B and I had a mad row over a rasher. Seriously, I kid you not, a rasher. It's even too mortifying and convoluted to go into here and you'd all think I should be locked up with the men in white coats. But trust me, it was DEFFO not something to row over! And all down to PMS.
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
Im always way to sore to notice if i have PMT :o( :o( Its horrific every month and each month it seems to get worse! Anyone any good pain killing suggestions? Never really take pain killers but would nearly overdose on solphadine at that time of the month and its the only thing that even dulls it a little. Cant go on the pill as were ttc. Dont no which i want the most a baby or 9 months free of periods :o0 :o0 Only jokin!
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Christ, you should've seen me yesterday - while you hiding! Demon is being kind!I'm due my AF in a day or so, or maybe Mother Nature will be kind to us and tell me I'm pg?? Hubby knows to be careful around this time - yet he still managed to seriously p*ss me off. So I guess you can say I do! :o0 I'm more human now today - I think pycho Noodlehead took over my body yesterday!The weird thing is that it may only last a day or two and then I'm fine.......or am I just a grumpy auld b*tch at times?! :o0
Genegirl Posts: 2110
Hell Yes!
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
I do, I pick fights with my husband (along the lines of I know you collected me from work, made meinner, tidied up after me, gave me a hot water bottle etc BUT you didn't flump the pillows on the bed for me) and then end up crying. It's utter crazyness. He has come to accept it though and takes it all in his stride.
Jawl Posts: 8881
[quote:2tw42f0b]There was one time though when the PMS went out of control. We refer to it as Rashergate[/quote:2tw42f0b] SmileyKaz, you know you are going to have to tell us all about Rashergate now as that's twice you've mentioned it today! :o0 I think also if you have something stressful or problematic, it magnifies the PMT, just bad timing really I suppose. My periods have become erratic for the past year or two now, may only get them every 2-3 months. And I am suffering a lot with PMT and cramps etc. I even got 4 spots last month! :o0 My mam is 60 now and is well over all of that and the menopause! She is often heard to say while discussing PMT 'Well I don't know, I never really suffered with mood swings'. Obviously when periods go, your memory goes with them cos she was a crazy bitch when she was on! :o0
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Oh I'm a complete b*tch in the couple of days before my period. I huff and puff about EVERYTHING and H2B and I have the same rows about the same things every month like clockwork. And of course every month I insist that the petty row I've just caused has nothing to do with the time of the month and how very convenient for him that I happen to notice he left the wardrobe door open in the same week my period is due when the two are completely unrelated >:o( :o0
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
[quote="Jawl"[. Obviously when periods go, your memory goes with them cos she was a crazy bunny when she was on! :o0[/quote] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: