Do you take everything to heart?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dion Posts: 986
maybe its just me but i find i take most things to heart & end up dwelling on things for ages. like when one of the family say something as a joke & you know they actually ment it, dont realy have a problem with friends, its mainly family & work as iv a lot of pressure there, i wish i could just brush things off & get on with it but i seem to be getting worse, anyone else like this or any solutions...
bridenl Posts: 454
I am quite like that as well! I hate it really but think it is just part of my personality and something i will always have to live with O:|
Kickasswife Posts: 4051
I take a lot if crap to heart that I shouldn't :-8 writing things down, that's meant to help a bit....
Jawl Posts: 8881
I do, and I'm having one of them moments now, even though I've no need for it. So I just said it out loud to get it out there and make me see how absurd it is :o0
dion Posts: 986
yes now that you say it, somedays im worse then others, in general i analayze most things & then worry, maybe someday that will change as another girl said its just part of your personality
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
yep definately,Im always taking things to heart & over thinking them.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Yup, another one here! I think though knowing that you do it, helps sometimes. Like you know it's irrational, so it's not as bad!!
MrsBig10 Posts: 2074
Oh i'm guilty of that alright!!! I take things too personal & then spend the evening thinking about it over & over again.
paperclips Posts: 3146
I do! I often take things to personally and let stuff upset me when I know it shouldnt. I'm a real sap!
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
I do it too, think it over in my head for days maybe even weeks.....its so draining :eek