Do you think your diet really effects your chances of TTC?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fraggle rocker Posts: 1426
I have been reading Zita Wests book on conception and she seems to say a lot about diet, did anyone else find that changing there diet helped their chances of conceiving?
Baby on the brain Posts: 67
This is something that I have been thinking about/researching as well. I don't think it can do any harm but not sure if its essential for TTC. A lot of people cut down on alchol, smoking beforehand
excited-bride-to-be Posts: 308
i was overweight and had no problem conceiving. didnt know i was pregnant and had a few mad nights out drinking, but baby was born healthy weight, and perfect.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Probably only worth looking at your diet if you are having touble conceiving in the first place - I don't think most people bother. Would be no harm to take some food supplements or vitamins though - zinc and vitamin C are supposed to help sperm and Eskimo fish oil and evening primrose oil are good for regulating female hormones and making your cervical mucus (sorry :hic ) more sperm-friendly.
mrs sarah c Posts: 522
I don't think it does to be honest but if it makes you feel healthier then in the long term it has to be good for your health!!