Do you tip your hairdresser?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blondiechick Posts: 1641
Pre-recession I always tipped-around €10 for a head of highlights and a cut.as part of my recession cost cutting I don't tip anymore.Am I out of line for not tipping?Getting the hair done costs enough without having to throw a tip in too!!!
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
I couldn't afford to get my hair cut if I tipped every time but I would tip at christmas
Sassypants Posts: 4461
I don't tip. I'm tight like that. I tip if service is good in a restaurant but in a hairdressers I figure you pay for what you get. I'm an optician, I don't get paid a tip when someone collects their glasses!
PearlBaby Posts: 532
Dont tip anymore - cut back on everything and its expensive enough to get hair done anyway.
chick2012 Posts: 584
yup i tip, give a ten per cent tip for cut and colour :-8
mrsmcdreamy Posts: 880
No I dont tip the hairdresser (or the girl that does my gel nails). I just think that its expensive enough without adding on an extra few bob every time. I can afford to tip but I just dont. Im obviously tight :-8 . I tip in restaurants, but thats about it.
Chillaxed Posts: 583
I do tip, about 10% each time.
mrshigginstobe Posts: 243
i tip usually 5euro, hairdressers,waitresses etc im in a tipping industry though
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I usually tip - maybe only a couple of quid though.
Rogue User Posts: 6101
I always tip - maybe a €5 if I have it - maybe 3 euro if I am skint. I think you're either a tipper kind a person or not. I tip for all the usual things; taxi, salon, restaurant. I just think it's nice to tip; I remember when I was a bag packer in Superquinn someone once tipped me a pound and I was so happy! It made such a difference for someone to actually acknowledge the work I was doing. (which obviously can be done through other means too, not just tipping! I once wrote a letter to a primary school teacher that I had when I was a kid. I was 24 when I wrote the letter, he was such an amazing teacher and I felt I should tell him. Anyways, he got back to be with another letter, thanking me and saying how much it meant to him that I remembered him and that his teaching had such an impact on my life. So writing letters is good too!)