Do you wear make-up every day?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hadtoleave Posts: 2522
Do you wear make-up every day? Was reading the school run thread and thinking omg! I don’t wear make-up every day now never mind to drop kids to school :eek I never wear make-up to work, would only wear it during the day if I was going away for the day or something. My skin is fairly good and I am just too lazy to put it on every day I guess. Its actually taking it off in the evenings I hate more than putting it on!
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Yep I do - wear it to work every day and wear ot on the weekends too. Now to be fair if I wasn't leaving the house or was literally just going around to the shop for 5 mins on a Sat or Sunday then I wouldn't bother but say I was going the cinema / for lunch / a look around the shops then yep I would DEFINITELY have make up on. Likewise in work I couldn't come in with a bare face.
highbeam Posts: 2578
I voted yes but its very minimal. Maybe some concealer, bronzer and mascara. Just so I dont look like death! Would only put on the whole lot if I was going somewhere for the day or on a night out.
LittleLily Posts: 3682
I wouldn't wear it everyday but most days. I would definitely have at least foundation, concealer and blush (oh, and highlight) going to work if I was short on time. That only takes about 3 minutes. I have bad skin though. I just use a light foundation or maybe a tinted moisturiser just to even things out a bit. Wouldn't be bothered if I was only at home or for some kind of activity
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
I just use some mineral foundation which takes 5 seconds to put on but it does have a nice finish. I only wear full make-up when going out. I really only like quite natural looking make-up.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Nope. Only if I'm going out for the night, going to a wedding, going to meet friends in town for lunch that sort of thing. I'm a childminder so in the week I'm showered, hair done and a tinted moisturiser on and a spritz of perfume, that's it. Weekends just slobbing around the house, I don't even bother with the tinted moisturiser!!! My skin is fairly decent so I look grand like. I'm just too lazy to do it all every day. When I worked in an office I wore make-up every day as I'd have contact with the public.
macattack Posts: 1617
Yes I wear make-up every day (even though I was ranting on the school run thread) but it would always be subtle. Just a little base, a bit of blusher, slick of lippy and one layer of mascara. Only at the weekends would I bother with a full face with eyeliner, eyeshadow etc.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I would, but it depends on day. I always wear a full face to work, I wouldn't feel right in work without it. At the weekends I'd have maybe some concealer, blusher, eyeliner, not a full face but I still feel better with it. The odd time I might not wear it, if I know I'm having a study or cleaning day at home and won't be going anywhere, but that would be rare enough. I feel better and more ready to face the day with my face on.
wowser Posts: 538
No. But I do moisturize my face everyday and wear some concealer under my eyes and blusher. Theese 2 are an extension of me, couldnt live without them. If i feel like it mascara too. But not always. Eyeshadow is only for a night out ( and again not always) and weddings etc. I never wear foundation, EVER. I must be the only one who looks dreadful with it. I just look weird, feel weird.
Elphaba Posts: 741
Nope, couldn't be arsed in work, skin is very good and I hate the thoughts of having make-up on all day everyday. I don't really stick much on at the weekends unless we're doing something, although I have the biggest make-up collection ever!