Doc's in the Rotunda

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chefmaid Posts: 2426
Hi, Just found out my best friend is having a baby :o)ll :o)ll So trilled for - She will be going to the Rotunda so was just wondering could you recommend any of the doctors there - She is thinking or going Semi-private or private..She hasn’t made her mind up yet
Me Julia Posts: 1352
I went with Dr Geary, he is the master of the rotunda and costs 4 grand. On my first pregnancy that ended in MC sadly i was with Dr Byrne who i wouldnt go back to. Dr Geary is lovely, however he wasnt there for the birth as he was away for a meeting so Dr Gaughan delivered my baby and he was brilliant. I also dealt with Dr Sharon Cooley who was brilliant also, she was just so nice i wanted to bring her home with me!!!
sinion Posts: 6050
we're semi-private and we didn't get to choose our consultant, not sure if anyone else did but I have a feeling that you can only choose the cons you see for the whole pregnancy when you go private. I'm open to correction though!
satsuma Posts: 182
I went with Dr Geary and he is an absolute gentleman and was recommended by another obstetrician that I knew. he is excellent and worth every penny!
[quote="Sinion":4x8gesi3]we're semi-private and we didn't get to choose our consultant, not sure if anyone else did but I have a feeling that you can only choose the cons you see for the whole pregnancy when you go private. I'm open to correction though![/quote:4x8gesi3] I will let her know that..Thanks for all the replies Girls :thnk :thnk :thnk
Just another question - She is waiting for a letter from the hospital for her scan and first appointment. Does she go into the public system first and then can she switch over to semi private??? Sorry for all the questions :-8
arib Posts: 499
It depends on how she booked into the hospital in the first place I would think.