dodgy boxes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

meowwww Posts: 295
has anyone heard of these, where you keep your basic package with sky and you can buy a 'dodgy box' for about €150 and you can pick up all the channels, they are selling something like this in lidl but Im not sure if its the same thing ?
clucky Posts: 26471
I didnt know WHAT this post was going to be about :o0 :o0 :o0
Walking Bump Posts: 2095
[quote="Clucky":3jdorhb8]I didnt know WHAT this post was going to be about :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:3jdorhb8] Thought the exact same thing myself :o0 :o0
meowwww Posts: 295
Ooops didnt even think of that :o0
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
I've heard of these and friends of mine got one. I did hear that NTL copped onto them and are cutting off access to anyone they find with one (not sure how they know who has one though).
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
ye heard of them one of lads in work has one
mrs waterfordbride Posts: 3063
my broher in law have this box that you have to get ntl basic package just the normal cable and then plug the box into the televisoin. its not the one that lidl have and its good. you get every channel going. im getting one soon as im getting rid of sky and ntl digital. too much money to be spending
mrs waterfordbride Posts: 3063
oh yeah if your getting one. get the one with the chip in it as when ntl turn the cable off the hip will reset the code so that your box doesnt go off.
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote="easytiger":2oyrk9e9]I did hear that NTL copped onto them and are cutting off access to anyone they find with one (not sure how they know who has one though).[/quote:2oyrk9e9] Not true. NTL scramble the codes periodically, but once you have the newer boxes, they update themselves automatically and you have no loss of picture.
Senorita Posts: 3413
A friend of mine got one (not from Lidl) and he has all the sky channels, except pay-per-view. I think it cost him €300.