Does an orthopedic examination require stripping off???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DublinGirl Posts: 1307
Hi girls, To cut a long story short, I was involved in a car accident almost 3 years ago when I was 37 weeks pregnant, not my fault. I was rammed twice from behind with my then 7 year old daughter in the back seat and the guy was a drunk Romanian national who tried to crash into me a third time but then sped off past me but was caught by the guards. The car wasn't his, uninsured and untaxed etc etc etc. The case has gone to the MIBI and they are sending me for an examination to an orthopedic consultant in January and I just want to know if this will involve stripping off???? I know it's a strange one but I just need to know......! Thanks. A long and trumatic 3 years but hopefully coming to an end now. :wv
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I had one two weeks ago for my hip and I only had to remove my shoes and lift my top to just under my bust when the consultant looked at my back. It may very well depend on what you are having examined though. Good luck with it, must have been hanging over you for a long time.
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
Sorry to hear your story, that's awful Dublingirl but you're getting seen now so that's hopefully going to be the end of it. I suppose it depends on where you were hurt at the time, you know? I had a problem with suspected rheumatoid arthritis a few years ago (in my knees/feet/elbows) and somehow I ended up stripped down to my underwear (was wearing a thong too, :-8 ) because consultant wanted to check my hips. So maybe it's no harm to be prepared for them to want you to strip. For my last time seeing my orthopaedic surgeon the other week I just had to roll up my leggings so he could check on my ankle. Sorry, probably no help to you
Salander Posts: 1639
it depends on the doctor - i had to go for the same when i was in a car accident - my own doctor left me in all my clothes but for the court case i was sent to an old guy in town very nice but he asked me to strip to my vest - i told him i wasn't wearing one - i had one of my oldest tattiest bras on and i was :-8, i think he felt really sorry for me and was very nice and gave a good report for the case. so no harm in being prepared.
caramelsquare Posts: 866
Shorts and a vest top will save you from feeling :-8