Does anyone else feel like this

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsbessy Posts: 402
I am sick to the stomach at the thoughts of walking up the aisle, i cant stand the thought of everyone looking at me, everytime i think of it i feel like im going to vomit its making me that sick, the aisle is also really long, Am i weird for thinking like this?, I know the minute i hit the church im going to panic. Has anyone else felt or feel the same and is there anything i can do to help myself overcome this feeling, its really getting me down.
Lastminute Posts: 103
TBH I'm not looking forward to that bit at all either.
Dulux Posts: 330
I'm having a champagne breakfast at my house with family and maybe even a few friends to give me some dutch courage. As long as I only have the one glass! or two
Jayus i think i need a valium or two. Thanks girls at least im not alone.
mrsnearlythere Posts: 474
Don't joke! my friends dad gave her half a valium about an hour before she left for the church! :eek :eek :eek she was totally chilled out, and by the time it wore off the hard stuff was over!
Do you have to get them from your doctor, cos i really do think i need something like that.
mrsnearlythere Posts: 474
i am not sure where he got them from! but i am sure if you go to your doctor and explain how you feel, he might be able to help you out. Don't panic, feeling nervous about it is one thing, i actually come out in a red blotchy rash!! my dress will have to be long sleeved and high necked!!! :o0 :o0 :o0
:o0 , I also get very bad stomach cramps so i suppose i will be lucky if i make it to the church at all, they will have to pull me out of the bathroom :o0 :o0 , thanks you made me smile.
beana Posts: 306
yeah i feel the same doll. im not getting married til aug next year but the thought of it turns my stomach. when i get nervous i also get cramps and have to sit on the toilet :eek . its only natural i suppose but i think my h2b will be cacking it more than me which makes me feel a little better :o0 there must be natural remedies in the chemist you could invest in if not have a chat with your doctor. so doll just take a deep breath, hold your head high and show everyone how beautiful you are when the time comes. best of luck xxxxx beana :wv
FutureMrsL Posts: 231
I know how you feel. I lost my dad suddenly two years ago and I cannot think about that part of the day without crying. So I am giving you the advice my best friend gave me. She told me to look straight at my fiances smiling face and he will get me up the aisle. I know it sounds soppy but I think it will work for you too